SP :; 23

"I basked in ignorance. In sole ignorance, and I took the risk. As a result, I was only disappointed by half."

"Well, it's been great fun roaming about the kingdom." Nan Feng stretches his arms. How one would do it just after they woke up. "I suppose, I could visit tomorrow as well, then?"

"Yes." Mu Qing nods, having no energy to even lend a welcoming smile. "You can visit anytime. It's not certain when I could accompany you everytime."

"Ai, the duty of a royal, isn't?"

Mu Qing could only nod once more.

If Nan Feng had noticed the abrupt change of mood ever since Mu Qing had come back inside the restaurant after leaving, he had mercifully did not press on it. Still, it was wrong for Mu Qing to treat his friend like it was his fault for the sudden announcement of his coronation.

He hadn't even ascended yet, and now he's going to be crowned king? The tone of Guoshi had told him he did everything he could to talk the king out of it. And if that didn't work, the court must have been involved.

The court.

The supreme court of Zhuliu where problems too small for the king were being settled. By giving it more problems, and saying it'll be a "problem in the future, not now" instead of thinking of an actual solution.

The supreme court of Zhuliu that was filled with nothing but toxic, gold-digging nobles. Thinking solely for themselves, and how much merits they coulx drag out from the hands of genuinely hard workers.

The supreme court of Zhuliu that favors the king. For the king feeds their ego with everything their ego needed.

The supreme court of Zhuliu that absolutely loaths the crown prince for his "immature" head.

Yet, if it was the court, they would've rather prolonged the king's reign however they could. They'll have to crawl out of their way just to force king Mu Liu to sit on the throne until he begins to decay. What must have happened for them to suddenly decide Mu Qing was now fit to be king?

He sighs. Rubbing his temples to ease up his frustration.

"Your highness, are you well?" Mu Qing redirects his gaze toward the other. Nan Feng was looking at him in worry. Brows creased with concern, and Mu Qing had to resist the urge to smoothen it out. All he could do for now was to reassure him. "You look sick."

"I'm not. I am well, fine." Mu Qing replies, lackadaisically. Fixing his robes and clearing his throat as the sun fully sets by the horizon. Coating the sky and everything in colours of beautiful gold and orange. Setting a warm tone for Nan Feng that had watched the sun slowly come down.

He looks like a god. Mu Qing blinks, and blinks again. The golden hue painting the tanned skin, the equally golden eyes serene and full of joy Mu Qing hadn't seen from him until now.

He was certain he'd break the serenity if he ever voices out the problem, and his internal crisis.

So he doesn't.

━━༻••༺━━

Mu Qing marches inside the hall with words of anger at the tip of his tongue. Lips etched into a deep scowl, ready to lash out at any given second. If one noble rank dares to even intervene, they'd have to be forced to experience the wrath of his fury.

Who's highest and who's lowest does not matter. Be it the king or the god, Mu Qing would dare differ with their choices. Regardless of the punishment he recieves in return.