SP :; 12

Exhausted for the day, he grabs his chair. Slumping on it as he snatched random papers to read only to throw it again once his eyes landed on the first epistle.

"The ache of muscles and trembling body would wash away, before my fury. Years of endless frustration bubbling inside me like scorching melted magma - twice as deadly. Before that, no injury or words could shake this god."

"I can't believe this."

"It's just for a d-"

"I can not believe this. You and him - no."

"We weren't doing anything that could put me in harms wa-"

"Yes! Such a marvellous idea to go with a man that just knocked his guard out! Very lovely!"

"Lan Wuxiu-"

"I'm not telling anyone. As long as you came back without missing a limb - but is dripping wet, it's fine."

Mu Qing snorts, rolling his eyes as he pats his back. "Call Chin Wei, bring robes for the two of us. I can't go back looking like this." He gestured towards his person then to the man casually laying on the grass, eyes closed, seemingly napping if it weren't for the lazy smile on his features.

"Who on earth told you to jump in a fucking water fall?" The latter grumbled, smacking the hand as he trudges on the other side of the wall. "I'm still not accepting the merits, your highness! Who knows where that came from!" Waving a hand, he closes the small door as Mu Qing shakes his head in amusement.

He was cold. Freezing cold as the chilly water finally seeped inside his pale skin not long after they left the stream. The only thing keeping him warm now was his outer layer and mantle Nan Feng mercifully did not include when he jumped but even then, he couldn't stop his shivering. Strolling towards a warmer spot, he sat down with a huff, pulling his knees to his chest and closing his eyes.

Now he had wishes the excruciating heat the sun lend him earlier was still here and not the cool air settling around them. One thing he had hated was he easily gets cold - both in the temperature and in sickness -, hence, he always wears thicker layers no matter the weather. Frowning to himself, he focuses on reciting numerous excuses in his mind for both his Guoshi and parents if they ever ask where he came from and why he didn't show up for his last day.

Lying to Guoshi was easier, as the master wouldn't really question that much and let it go if the prince was obviously fine and not in pain. Resuming their cultivation as though nothing happened but his parents were an entirely different story. The king would ask countless questions, trying desperately to get into the silverette's skin for him to finally voiced out the real reason and not some bullshit excuse.

Mu Liu knows a lie when he hears one after all. A trait Mu Qing could not understand how the king got it but he sure damn as well want to inherit it. The only thing he actually wanted from his father was the thing he couldn't even learn directly from the source.

Agitated, he sighed. Saying he forgot was obviously overused and.. perhaps useless as well. How could he forget it was his last day of visit when he had just conversed about the topic of visiting to his parents? His mother herself knows about his exceptional memory. Knowing full well he couldn't just forget about something like that.

There's a first to everything? It'll only trigger more worrying and more coaxing, thus, he'll have to endure more lectures if not scolding. He could live with that, he endured alot of yelling before what more of just a few thirty minutes?

He slaps his face, shaking his head. He wouldn't be having to think excuses if only he didn't follow the young man. If it weren't for that young man.