SP :; 17

"I hope we had more time. So, you can stop receiving my broken pieces, and instead give you my prettiest ones."

Inside of the discussion hall, six gathered around the room. An array blocking any outsiders to prevent the spreading of unnecessary rumours they didn't need at a time like this.

Once more, as years passed, peace has returned in the three realms. No threat that the heavenly emperor needed to check himself. No problem to shake the heavens in fear.

But in time, wars and destruction was inevitable. So long as there is pride and greed, so long as one commits a terrible sin, peace will never last in the world.

Because no matter how good they say they are, there will always be thorns on a rose.

"This... This is bad, indeed." One says, putting a hand on his chin. Eyebrows furrowed in an earnest way the others haven't seen from him in a while.

One nods, agreeing as he stares at the scroll as though it held answers and solutions, not just the problem and the question. "We need to do something quick. This is terrible in itself."

"What do you suggest we do, then?" Another questions with an arched brow. Crossing his arms as he leans on a pillar almost casually, if not for the similar frown on his features. "We're not even sure where this thing is. Uncertain of his location and state."

"Who knows, it probably even cultivated a core for himself."

"They..." One man trails off in surprise. "They can do that?"

"While there's only cases for it happening with supreme ghosts... It's not really impossible." The first that spoke explains calmly, lowering a hand to brush it against the words on the scroll. As though feeling for more hidden spaces they had missed upon reading. "How long did you say this thing was?"

"We suspect about nine hundred years if not younger." A woman states, clasping her hands behind as she purses her lips. "We recieved signals before, but it wasn't as strong as what we had been receiving recently."

The other's face twists into somewhat of a perplexed frown. "When did you start receiving it?"

The woman points at a quiet man, leisurely watching the others discuss. "Just after his first heavenly calamity."

"First calamity. Then, it was long before Bai Wuxiang..." One sighs, putting a hand on his hips as the other interlaces with the man beside him. "How strong are the signals you're receiving now?"

The signals they referred to were the odd twists in the spiritual energy lingering about in the three realms. The abrupt shift of an angle of a spiritual qi's line as if a foreign touch has disturbed it.

A spiritual power line is a thread-like golden flow of qi. Coming from the cores of cultivators, heavenly officials, ghost kings alike, all connects to one, single palace in the heaven.

The Xianle Palace.

As it is the palace occupied by the current emperor. The disturbance of a specific qi's line was worry-inducing itself as that never happens before. If one's core was destroyed or voluntarily removed, the line would simply disappear. No longer of use.

However, in their situation, the suspection of the core wasn't on the table as they stare at the words on the scroll layed out before them.

Because the line wasn't connected to any core.

It was just there. When they had tried to track down where the other end was, they arrived back empty handed. When they tried to look for the previous owner of the line, they find that it had always been like that.