SP :; 24

He takes the man's hand. Hauling him back to his feet, kicking him right in the chest. Stabbing a blade in his throat, he throws him to the depths of hell.

Another screams for mercy. He doesn't hear it. Instead, he takes another dagger from his belt, using it gauge the man's eyes out, cutting his tongue to silence his victim. He drags the tip from his temple to his jaw, exerting enough force to see the muscles beneath the skin.

He stares at his work. Smiling in satisfaction.

A work of beautiful art.

An air of silence settles upon the court room. The nobles slowly inching to the side. Farther across where the royals are to avoid a disastrous result that seems to be likely. Tensed jaws, hands trembling in anticipation. The nobles mostly doesn't want to have any of the expensive furnitures to be replaced for the umpteenth time.

Almost all caused by the prince that seemed to be questioning the founding of the kingdom.

"I knew we should've asked the king to think more thoroughly." Liang Fan, the usual spokesperson of the court, says, for once, finding pity for the crown prince. Agreeing. "This wouldn't end well."

"The crown prince doesn't seem to be interested in the royals. In women. Let alone marriage. This betrothal is absurd." Wui Tia shakes her head, rubbing the bridge of her nose as he sighs quietly. "He's too young to be king. If he were to sit on the throne, what would happen to us?"

Gai Zhai crosses his arms, frowning. "His royal highness hates us. That is no secret. I wouldn't be surprised if his first order as king would be to replace us all."

"And Guoshi, the royal adviser, is on his side. We can't even oppose unless we want to kiss our graves so early." Liang Fan mutters, the two nodding in equal agreement. The authority of Guoshi could even rival the current king himself. Not only because of his spiritual core, but his wisdom had saved the kingdom from falling many times. The reason many people regard him as their second saviour, the king being the first.

In his incredulity, his gaze had set on the woman infront of her. Staring so vehemently that had the princess slightly squirming in her spot. Mu Qing lets go of her hand, mind in a disarray. Thrown to whatever vast sea it was thrown in, pinched and bitten by sea animals until it was nothing but disgusting pieces of chunks.

Then he steps back. In complete disbelief as he frowns, and scowls, and repeat. Uncertain what expression he should make not to seem disrespectful.

If it wasn't for him stepping back being disrespectful enough.

Zi Xianshi was the first to break the strained silence. Clearing her throat, she clasped her hands behind her. "The prince seemed to be... not in the same page as us. If he doesn't want to marry Xunya, we'll be taking no offense."

"It's alright, your royal majesty." Mu Liu smiles reassuringly. Waving a hand dismissively, he pats Mu Qing's back once more. "He's just surprised, that's all."

Mu Qing has half the mind to punch his father. Scowling, he nods mutely in forced agreement. Palms stained red, and if it seeped through his sleeves, or even dripping down onto the ground, no one dares to point it out.

"I see." The queen clears her throat again, glancing at the prince before the king. "My lord, may we speak in private for a moment? Xianxa would like to be accompanied in her stay here for a few days until the proper coronation."

"Of course." Mu Liu doesn't hesitate in turning his gaze toward his son. "Mu Qing would love to guide her about the kingdom."

Mu Qing wasn't able to protest. As the majesties began to walk out, chattering quietly to themselves, without so much of another word to the others.

That left the nobles to be the center of the prince's attention.

"My royal prince." Liang Fan began, strutting toward the man in question. "We didn't know-"

The crown prince slams a fist on the wooden table infront of him, accidentally surging spiritual qi enough for it to be cracked in complete half. The impact of wood to the ground echoing throughout the gilded walls. Surprising those already terrified nobles. Now as his pale hand was out in the open, the wound he had caused himself was more deeper than he thought. The blood oozing out even more, Mu Qing glares at Liang Fan. "You did not know? You didn't know, or you chose to ignore it? There's a difference between uninformed and plain ignorance, Liang Fan."

"Or perhaps, you didn't know it would affect my father's title?" Mu Qing arches a brow, unclenching his fists, and more blood poured out. "You adore my father, why would you let him pass the throne to me when he could still clearly lead on his own? You damn well know what would happen to you once I sit on that chair, why would you encourage him to pass his reign to me?"

"Your highness." Liang Fan tries again. "This lowly one is asking for punishment for being incompetent. We weren't aware of this news until now. Guoshi, the royal adviser, wouldn't let the king speak about it without the presence of the Xunya - which happened to be today."

"Guoshi?" Mu Qing frowns, blinking as he tries to wrak his mind for whatever reason the royal adviser would even have to bother hiding this kind of news from the court. He frowns deeper, he'll have to speak to his Guoshi tonight.

For now, he needed to regain his composure. He had already offended the queen of Xunya, now, he had ruined his image in the princess and general of the kingdom in complete recklessness. Fueled by his anger that he had momentarily forgotten they weren't alone.

Chin Wei, coming from the side, quickly offers to bandage his hands. Wiping it with cloth as Mu Qing takes a deep breath.

"My apologies for the sudden rage, your highness." He says, tone differing with his words as Zi Xianxa nods, smiling. "I could tour you throughout the kingdom as told."

"If it's not a bother to his highness, I would love that. Although..." She trails off, tilting her head ever so slightly to glance at the woman behind, and Mu Qing follows her gaze. "We wouldn't be alone."

"That's not a bother, and being alone isn't the first thing I want to do with you." He snaps, mentally slapping himself, and internally drowning himself in sorrow as he realizes what he said. "That's quite rude of me, and as you can see, I am not in the best mood today. So, I ask her highness to please excuse my words and tone for now. I will make it up soon, with honest apologies."

Zi Xianxa shakes her head, brushing a strand of hair away from her face. Gray eyes shining in amusement. "And excusing it shall I do. I do similar things like you when I'm angry myself. Though, I don't lash out on any royals I see. I understand, your highness." She shrugs, snorting as she gestures for Yui Quinyang to come closer.

Mu Qing could only nod. "General Yui."

"Your royal highness, the crown prince." Yui Quinyang greets, putting a clenched hand on her chest and bows her head. "Great pleasure to see you once more."

"If you're still alive, the wounds I have laid upon you must have healed." Mu Qing gives his right hand to Chin Wei for the servant to bandage as well. "How's your broken arm?"

"All wounds and fractured bones had healed, your highness." Zi Xianxa grins at her general, nudging her elbow. "It left a mark, but that's to be expected."

"That's good." Mu Qing looks around, pursing his lips as the nobles began to move the broken table away. Quickly replacing it with a new one, and once Chin Wei was done, he nods at him in gratefulness. "We'll move outside, your highness. Let's begin with the palace, shall we? Tomorrow, or if we have time, we could go down the heart of the kingdom."

Zi Xianxa tilts her head, beaming in excitement.

"That would be great, this one is honoured, your highness."

___________

n. a quick reminder that i dont remember details of my characters that well lmao. also, that everything i post is not, in fact, proof read. :D