SP :; 27

"I've made a mistake." The kneeling man spoke. Voice cold and void of any emotions to indicate he was at guilt.

The man on the throne clasps his hands infront of his head, calm and curious. "And what mistake might that be?"

"... I slaughtered half the heavens."

"He's to be announced king in four days." The god says, his chin resting on his knuckles with a look of a troubled man. "And he is engaged."

"Engaged." The god infront of him says in surprise. Though, he was quick to feel a bit of sympathy. "What are you going to do now?"

"He's not going to keep that engagement for long." A cup of tea was emptied in a second. The god lazily twirls his finger around the rim.

The god in white tilts his head. Seeming believing and not believing all the same as he pours another cup of tea. "How do you know for sure?"

His companion smiles.

"I know my husband."

━━༻••༺━━

"Your highness, aren't you looking a bit bothered today?" Mu Qing asks casually, hand holding the stem of the rose the princess gave here. "May this prince know why?"

Zi Xianxa sighs heavily. "This morning, I had woken up as normal and did everything as I usually do. But once I had reached my vanity to see my jewelries, a pair of my bracelets were gone." She tugs on a lock of her hair, completely distressed as she glances at the prince. "The one that went missing... was supposed to be yours."

"Mine?" Baffled, Mu Qing's eyes landed on her wrist. There, a beautiful silver bracelet embedded with the princess' names and surrounded with many beautiful purple gems was seen wrapped around her wrist. "Have you searched the entire room?"

"Yes, I got Quin to search with me too. But it's just gone! Disappeared just like that!"

"It's going to be fine, your highness." Mu Qing says, taking her hand in his own as if to comfort before letting go once he felt like it was wrong. "Is it similar with what you're wearing now?"

Zi Xianxa lifts her hands and mutely nods.

"It has my name, every sane person in this kingdom that got a hold of something with my name on it will automatically know to give it back." The silverette reassures. "We'll find it soon enough."

"I hope so." Zi Xianxa mutters, now having a faint smile on her lips. "I made it myself..."

"Oh, you did?" Mu Qing couldn't help but feel warmed. The princess going out of her way to even make a seemingly hard to make looking bracelet just for him, he was a bit happy about it. "I'll send my servants to look."

Zi Xianxa smiles wider, more happy than depressed like she had been earlier, she tugs on the prince's hand. "I heard you have wonderful gardens here. Filled with flowers, and fruits and many more plants! I have my own back in the kingdom, but I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to take care of it anymore."

Truly menacing to be suddenly engaged to someone you don't know and have no say in it. To have everything you took care of, and loved be suddenly gone in your grasp as you were sent to marry off some man you had barely met.

And you can't say anything lest you

Mu Qing's desire to cut off the engagement grew.