Carrie

I wake up hearing my cell phone ringing and I reach over to grab it from my night stand, but my hand reaches nothing.

I quickly open my eyes and realize I am not in my own bed or my own house for a matter of fact.

I peak under the covers and thank god I still have my clothes on.  Realization hits me and I must still be at Alex's place.

My phone starts to ring again and I see it over on the dresser with my purse.  I get up and grab it.

"Hello?"

"Car why are you not answering your door?"

"Elle?" I ask pulling the phone back and looking at the caller ID.

"Yeah it's me.  Can you buzz me in now?  It is freezing out here."

"I'm not at home.  I didn't go home after what happened at the store."

"Did you go home with Alex?" I hear the questioning in her voice.

"And what if I did?" I snap back.  She thinks I am not good enough for him. I can hear it in her voice.

"Well he works fast.  I didn't think he would try anything after the conversation we had."

"Oh god Elle, what did you say to him?" I ask and sit up.

"Just that he better treat my big sister right and that he needs to let you know what his intentions were.  I told him you weren't the one and done kind of girl."

"Please tell me you are joking."

"Not in the slightest.  The guy went toe to toe with mom and won after you left the store.  I don't think he would do that to you if that is what he was looking for.  I just had to make that clear with him though."

"Oh," was all I managed to get out.

"He didn't tell you?  That is interesting."

"What did he say to mom?  Was she pissed?"

"He pretty much put her in her place and yes she was very upset and told him to leave the store.  I wish I would have been live streaming it."

"Elle, I have go.  If you want we can talk later this week.  Without a live stream going on.  Okay?"

"Sure, but you are going to tell me how you got on Alex Anderson's radar.  It's not everyday the Captain of a NHL team sticks up for your big sister."

"How did you know?"

"Car, I am paid to know.  He is a hell of a lot hotter in person though.  You take that man for a test drive okay?"

I am probably turning a dark shade of red right now.

I quickly hang up the phone and head into the bathroom. I see a tooth brush, some tooth paste and a hair brush laid out for me.

I smile and start to freshen up. I look at my clothing and see my shirt is a little wrinkled and I try to smooth it out.

"Well this is as good as it's going to get."  I say to myself and walk back out into the bedroom.

I slowly open the bedroom door and listen to see if I can hear any movement in the condo.

I don't hear anything so I grab my purse and phone and head down the hall way.  I get into the living room and put my bag down on the couch.

Walking over to the kitchen, I open the fridge door and see the left over pizza from last night.  I grab a couple of slices and sit down at the counter.

Scrolling through my phone I see some of the pictures from when Alex and I were at the sporting goods store.

I smile as I look at the pictures and see how happy Alex looks to be with his fans.  I scroll a little more and see a picture of the two of us walking back to his car after that awful fight with my mother.  I start to read the article.