Alex

Nine months later.....

It's amazing how fast nine months can fly by. A lot though happened in those nine months.

We didn't win the Stanley Cup, but came damn close to it. The team is more than determined this year to get that cup and we have a new secret weapon to help achieve said goal. My brother Scott.

As promised the Rangers gave him a try out after being clean and sober for six months and like I predicted he made the team.

Now I get to do the job I love with my brother right by my side. He has become my new roommate on our road trips and it is just like old times when we used to live in the same house.

Carrie and I got married in a small ceremony in the Hamptons at the same place my mom and dad tied the knot. Carrie looked so beautiful walking down the aisle towards me. My dad offered to walk her down the isle and for that I was so grateful.

I am not ashamed to admit it I cried like a baby after seeing Carrie in her wedding dress. We exchanged our vows and like a kid on Christmas I couldn't wait to kiss her to make it official.

We danced the night away with our family and friends. When it was time for us to head out, my parents arranged the guest house for us and I made love to my beautiful wife all night.

After the wedding the trial for Carrie's mom was supposed to start, but by some miracle her mom decided to change her plea to guilty and spared Carrie having to testify.

We found out later it was Elodie who got her mother to change her plea after telling her Carrie was pregnant.

Her mom was sentenced to eight years and a life time restraining order was granted for Carrie.

So here we are nine months later and Carrie is due any day now. She promised me that it was okay for me to go on the road trip to Toronto. That the baby would wait until I got home.

I get back to the hotel room after the afternoon skate and sit down and Facetime Carrie.

She answers right away and smiles.

"Hey handsome."

"Hey beautiful." Giving her a smile.

"Oh get a room you two," I hear Lexi say.

"We do have a room and that is how she ended up pregnant."

"Okay gross," Kira chimes in.

"Don't mind these two. They are just jealous of our love," Carrie says.

"Hey Scott and I are just as in love as you two," Lexi says sticking her tongue out at Carrie.

"Babe no sticking that out when I can't be there for you to use it on me," Scott says over my shoulder.

"Okay enough. Can I please talk to my wife."

"I am fine. He or she is quite comfortable in there and will wait for you to come home to make their appearance."

"Good because I want to be there. I mean I can tell coach that you need me back there. I am on the first flight..."

"Stop baby. I am good. We are good and I have Kira and Lexi here with me. We are ordering in and watching you guys kick Toronto's butt."

"Can do baby. I am going to score a goal for you."

"One how about two," giving me that smile I love so much.

"You drive a hard bargain, but sure two goals for you. I got to go and catch a few hours sleep, but I love you and tell peanut to stay put."

"I love you too and good luck tonight," she says blowing me a kiss.