Carrie

**mature content**

It has been four of the worst weeks of my life. I had to take time off of work because with a bum wrist I wasn't even able to wheel myself around in the wheel chair.

Alex was wonderful though and he has helped me so much. After two weeks of him helping me though I told him to rejoin his team. I swore I would be okay. I even had Lexi come and stay with me while he was on the road to help me out.

While he was gone I made an appointment to start seeing the psychologist Dr. Waters recommended. I knew there was so much I needed to talk about and while Alex was a great listener I just needed a professional to help me work some stuff out.

Dr. Adams was amazing.  We had to have virtual sessions for the time being due to me not being able to get around to easy, but she immediately made me feel comfortable and the sessions were starting to help me.

She was so happy to hear that I had a great support system in Alex and his family and assured me that everything I was feeing was completely normal.

The police advised me that my mother was formally charged with aggravated assault for my fall.  I spoke with the District Attorney and begged them not to charged her with attempted murder.  That was a bone of contention with Alex and I.

I understood why he wanted her charged with attempted murder, but I just couldn't go through with it.  I could see where my mother was coming from with me.  If I was in her shoes could I truly love a child created that way?

After thinking about it for a while I knew that I could love that child unconditionally, but who was I to judge someone else.

Today, however was the day that I got my cast off my wrist.  Lexi came into my room and woke me up.

She pushed my wheelchair next to my bed and helped me into it. 

"Fuck I am going to be glad that after today I can use crutches," I say laughing.

"Thank god because I am tired of wheeling you around like the Queen," she says jokingly.

"Thanks so much for helping me with everything. Packing up my stuff and helping me out when Alex is away."

"No need to thank me bestie. We are more like sisters and family helps each other out. Besides I got a date with Twin A Anderson out of helping Alex pack up your stuff," she says smiling.

"Excuse me? This is news to me. When did this happen?"

"Well we kind exchanged numbers when I was helping them pack up your apartment and Scott finally got the nerve to ask me out after two weeks of flirting through texts," she says smiling.

"This is amazing. Scott is such a good guy. I know he had that hiccup along the road, but I am sure he has turned the corner."

"We will see. It's just a date. It's not like I am marrying him," she says wiggling her eyebrows.

"Alex and I are far from that step."

"On your end only. Alex would marry you today if you were ready. That man is so in love with you it's sickening," she says laughing.

"I may be bending towards the idea of marrying him Lex.  I just don't want to move too fast.  We have done so much in less than a year. "

"Who cares?  If it feels right and you want to spend the rest of your life with him, time shouldn't matter.  You both are crazy about one another and that's what love is all about," she says.

I know she is right. Alex and I love each other just as much as a couple that has been together for twenty-five years. I just can't push myself quite over that line just yet.