Alex

"Alright guys,  we are having some guests today at the morning skate.  Our Captain here has been volunteering his free time at Allen House.  It is a group home for teenagers that are currently in the foster system.  They will also be his guests tonight at the game.  So lets show these kids a great time," Coach says as he gives us a pep talk before the skate.

I finish putting on my skates and jersey, grabbing my helmet and stick and heading out of the dressing room.

They have the kids and staff in the visitor's dressing room, but I want to personally give them a tour of our dressing room before we go on the ice.

I head down the hall way and get to the door.  I knock on it and Dave peaks his head out.

"Alex, you ready for us?  We have most of the kids in their skates and protective equipment."

"Sure am.  I was hoping to give them a tour of our dressing before hand, but maybe we'll save it to afterwards if they are all ready."

He gives me a pat on the shoulder.  "Alright kids.  Lets go and skate with the Rangers," I hear him shout.

They come barreling out.  Some look like they have skated and played hockey before and others just look like they are praying not to fall.

I see Amber walk by and she gives me a little wink.  Kira walks by after her and I crane my neck looking for Carrie.

"She is still in there trying to tie her skates.  She is mumbling about how you made it look so easy the last time."

"Thank Kira.  I'll go help her."

I step into the locker room and find Carrie bent down and cursing at her skates.

"Seriously, how hard is it for a grown woman to tie up skates?  Come on you fuckers just work with me," she says.

"Are those skates misbehaving already?" I ask looking at her.

"Shut it Anderson.  You made it look so easy in the store.  I figured how hard could it be?"

"Apparently very hard since you are yelling at them," laughing a little and standing in front of her.

I motion for her to give me her left foot.  She sits back and lifts her leg up.

"Here watch, and by that I mean actually pay attention and don't go off day dreaming."

"Seriously Anderson? You are going to make fun of me when I have a sharp blade near something very precious of yours," she says smiling.

"You wouldn't dare.  Then you'll never get to see what all the fuss is about," giving her a wink.

I watch as her face goes a light shade of pink and she gives me a shy smile.

I tie up her skates after giving her a quick lesson and help her stand up.  I give her a helmet and help her do that up.

She looks up at me and I feel myself moving closer to her.  Like there is this magnetic pull between us.

I hear someone clear their throat and we both look towards the doors.  I see Trevor standing there with this shit eating grin on his face.

"I came to see if you two were planning on joining the rest of us?"

"Yeah, I was just helping her tie up her skates," grabbing my stick and helmet off the ground.

"Hi I am Trevor," he says extending his hand to Carrie.

"Carrie Connors. I am the kid's social worker," shaking his hand and smiling.

"So you are the infamous Carrie Connors that this guy can't stop talking about," he says giving me a smirk.