Alex

**mature content**

"What did you just say?" Carrie asks me.

"I asked you to move in with me," I say again, taking her hand in mine.

I look into her eyes and I can see her fear.  I don't quite understand why she would be afraid of moving in with me.  She is here most days and nights anyways.  I go to ask her, but she beats me to it.

"You'll get sick of me if I am here all the time. It's bound to happen. It's too soon," she starts to ramble and I know she is just her nerves getting the better of her.

"I could never get sick of you. You don't get it. My day, my week my month is better because of you and getting to wake up every day next to you would be the icing on the cake."

I watch as her eyes get all glossy and I am not sure if its a good thing or bad thing.

"I don't know what I did to bringing you into my life Alex Anderson, but I am sure as hell glad I did it," she says squeezing my hand.

"So is that a yes then?"

"It's a yes," she says, giving me a big smile.

I wrap my arms around her tightly. "So tomorrow I'll move you in then?" I ask her, not wanting to waste another second without her here full time.

"Woh woh down there boy. I still have at least another two months left on my lease."

"I can't wait that long. I want you here when I am home and then keeping our bed warm when I am away. I'll call up your landlord and offer him season tickets to the Ranger games if it gets you out of your lease sooner."

"I already here all the time when you get home from road tips. What is two more months. It will give me time to figure out what to do with all my stuff," she says leaning over and kissing me.

"You drive a hard bargain, but I accept your terms," I reluctantly say, giving her a smile.

Carrie smiles and runs her hand through my hair.  I moan a little, loving the feeling of her hands.

"So I was thinking tomorrow I could take you out on a real date?"

"You don't have to do that.  I know you will probably be tired after your game."

"I want too. I want to show you off to the world.  So will you go out with me?" I ask.

Carrie looks at me and smiles.  "I would love too, but can we go to sleep now?  I am very tired after everything that happened at the party and then our activities once we got back."

I lay down and I feel Carrie place her head on my chest and run her fingers up and down my body. The soothing feeling of her doing that relaxes me instantly.  My eyes begin to feel heavy and before I know it I am out.

***

I wake up the next morning to Carrie's voice. She is talking to some one and her voice sounds really angry.

"You are not listening to me. Matt started every thing. He slapped me mom." I hear her say.

I open my eyes and I can't seem to find her in the room. I look over to the bathroom and I can see the light coming out from under the door.

Looking at the clock I see it's eight and I get up and slip on my sweat pants.

I walk over to the bathroom door and open it just a little bit.  I see Carrie sitting against the bath tub. She has her head down resting on her arms and I can hear light sobs.

I sit down beside her and put my arm around her shoulders. 

"Talk to me.  What happened?"

She lifts her head and I can see her eyes are red and puffy.  "Oh nothing just the usual berate Carrie and put every thing on her chat from my mom."