𝐕. Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

· 🙤 •° · ︻╦デ╤━━╾ ·°• 🙦 ·

╔═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╗

❝ You're dead, Hargreeves! ❞

╚═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╝

THE FIRST THING FLARE NOTICES when she regains consciousness is the splitting headache pounding through her skull. Wincing in discomfort, she suddenly realizes that she's being carried by an unfamiliar pair of strong arms. 

Her eyes snap open in confusion, but to her relief, she's only met with the annoyed expression of Diego. Not far behind him is Luther carrying a half-passed out Five. Although the girl doesn't feel drunk anymore, she still feels hungover as hell. But she supposes she's lucky, now that her inhibitions are back.

"Nngh— what the hell," she groans, lifting an arm to clutch at her throbbing forehead.

"Took you long enough," Luther calls as he notices that she's conscious. "Care to explain what you did at Griddy's? And how the hell you somehow summoned Five?"

"Uhhhhh . . . okay, I know what you're thinking, but I swear I didn't kill those guys. It was Casper. I Pinkie promise—"

"By the way," Diego interrupts, "while you were busy making a mess at the diner, two masked intruders attacked the Academy. They came looking for you. What did they want?"

Flare's head hangs lazily over his arm, and she lifts it to meet his scowl.

"Honestly, I have no idea," she says, eyes half-lidded. "Please leave your message at the beep, and I'll be able to get back to it later. Beep!"

"For god's sake—"

Behind her, she hears Five gag.

"If you barf on me—" Luther warns him.

"You know what's funny?" the boy begins, a buzzed smile plastered across his face. "I-I'm not even gonna be here for long. I just came here to swoop Flare off her feet so we can run away together, maybe into a nice sunset. Then after, we can go assassinate the president next Tuesday~"

"Hey, hey! Snap out of it, you love-sick dog," Luther raises his voice at Five, clearly having no patience for his nonsensical blabbering, "What the hell are you doing here?"

"First of all, he's not love sick! Don't be gross," Flare hollers, letting her head fall back to get a better look at Luther and Five. "Second, earlier when I ran off to get some coffee, I was just minding my own business — sitting at the diner counter — and then whoosh," she waves her hands in the air for emphasis, "Mr. Five appeared right next to me!"