𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈𝐈. Two Teens vs. Three Swedes (ft. Lila)

· 🙤 •° · ︻╦デ╤━━╾ ·°• 🙦 ·

╔═════ °• 🍭 •° ═════╗

Let's dance.

╚═════ °• 🍭 •° ═════╝

FLARE SITS AT THE HEAD of her bed, twirling a dagger between scarred fingers. A shining silver blade with edges fine enough to cut steel, a glittering hilt with two large ruby gems pressed into the top and bottom—this is the dagger she was given for the kill order in Ancient Rome. It is a pretty thing, despite its previous deadly intent.

Flare eyes the weapon curiously. She never got the chance to put it to use. The blade remains glimmering and spotless—not yet stained with blood.

Early morning light peeks through the window. Everything is quiet and serene, partly because Five has sequestered himself in the bathroom somewhere far from bickering range.

Probably fussing over his hair or kissing his reflection in the mirror, Flare guesses, giggling at the thought.

The bathroom door clicks. Flare jolts and hurriedly slides the dagger into its sheath—fastened around her thigh—just as Five steps out. His eyes flick to the holster, then back to her face.

"Where'd you get that?" he asks.

"Does it matter?" she replies with a spiteful grin. "And why are you lookin' at my legs?"

They're nice, are the first words that jump to his mind, but he bites them back.

Instead, he scoffs and changes the subject. "Let's just get going. We need to find my father."

· 🙤 •° · ︻╦デ╤━━╾ ·°• 🙦 ·

Flare, Five, Diego, and Lila are hunched unceremoniously behind a parked car to scope out the glorious entrance of the Mexican Consulate. Hundreds of people—all dressed in gorgeous, expensive clothing—climb out of fancy cars and hop up to the entrance. It's impossible to pick out a face in the vast crowd. Not much can be made out from here. If Reginald had already arrived, they probably missed him.

Five darts forward—a wordless signal for them to continue on. Lila follows close behind. Flare, mimicking their crouched postures, moves to skitter after them.

"Wait, Flare." Diego whispers, placing a hand on her shoulder.

She turns around. "Huh? What?"

"It's just . . . " He trails off, pondering how to word the next sentence tactfully.

Flare raises a brow. "Well, come on, bro, we don't have all day!"

Diego sighs. "I just think that you need to be careful around Five, okay? I don't know what's up with him, but he's clearly a very dangerous person."