𝐗𝐈𝐗. Disturbing the Peace

· 🙤 •° · ︻╦デ╤━━╾ ·°• 🙦 ·

╔═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╗

❝ Flare, here should be fine. Do it. ❞

╚═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╝

AT FIRST, LUCIUS DISTRINGERE APPEARED entirely at ease; casual and unbothered. Then again, that was only at first. Once Flare and Five begin to follow him, it becomes clear that the boy is paranoid. So far, he hasn't spotted them in particular, but he definitely senses something is wrong.

"Oh, he knows something's up," Flare mutters.

"All the more reason to corner him quickly," Five replies, stepping out of the way of a chariot being pulled by two massive horses.

"Should we go up to him?" she asks, unsure of what to do next, "you know, maybe talk to him? Pretend like we wanna discuss taxes or something . . . before he gets too panicked."

"I don't think that would be a good idea. If he sees a pair of oddly-dressed strangers approaching him . . . well, that'd probably scare him more."

"That's fair. Well—"

Right then, Lucius turns around, gaze landing on Five and Flare. His eyes widen, and immediately, he spins around, walking faster.

"Shit," Five breathes.

"Oh, fuck."

The two quicken their pace, moving faster through the crowd. Lucius seems to notice this, breaking into a full-on sprint.

In no time, they're all running down the street. Five makes a beeline for the boy, while Flare breaks off to the side. She squeezes between market stalls, hurrying to catch up to and intercept him from the side.

In her haste to follow, she nearly knocks over a cart, spinning out of the way hurriedly. As she manages to avoid it, she bumps into two horses. They start to panic from her action, rearing back and stumbling around. The man walking them attempts to settle them down, all while shouting curses at the girl.

"Paenitet!" she calls in apology over her shoulder, quickly returning to the chase.

Up ahead, she spots Five getting closer. She follows close behind. The crowd is giving them concerned looks, wondering why a group of teenagers are sprinting across town. However, none of them have the chance to stop them and ask.

They reach a particularly tight area, where Lucius and Five struggle to squeeze between the crowds. Flare — silently thanking Zeus for the distraction — jumps on top of a pile of barrels. She climbs onto a street stand, sprinting across the (fortunately wood) tops of the ones beside them, easily surpassing the two boys.