𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕. Sike!

· 🙤 ꕥ •° · ︻╦デ╤━━╾ ·°• ꕥ 🙦 ·

╔═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╗

. . . and I'll fuckin' do it again.

╚═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╝

PUSH-CARTS RATTLE DOWN THE narrow hallway. Flare leans against a wall, her eyes trained on the door frame twenty feet away. Inconspicuously, She waits for an opportunity to sneak into the cylinder room unnoticed.

Flare was wrong. Well, partially. Of the many conflicting thoughts plaguing her mind, she finally found an answer to at least one of them.

She has a family. They might not be the kind of family one grows up with, but they are the closest thing she's ever had to someone caring for her. When the old man brought Flare home one day, they loved her, despite sudden appearance and endless flaws. She can't abandon them.

The Commission would never give her what she wants. She had been delusional to even consider them in the first place. To think they wouldn't use her as a tool—just as the old man did—was foolish. Either way, that's exactly what she is: a tool—a weapon. Through these tenuous, two-faced "missions," they're testing her. They're sharpening that weapon.

When it came to Reginald, he viewed Flare and the Hargreeves siblings as pawns. He saw them as expendable, yet useful pieces in a game that would only reward him with a prize. That prize was making himself feel superior by doing things for the "betterment of humanity"—the greater good.

The Commission is the same. Although they spin it differently, they only give her the illusion of free-will. Instead of being a pawn, Flare is a knight—a step-up from the first piece whose sole purpose is to be sacrificed. But she is still a piece that still isn't meant to see the end of the game.

The Handler is hiding something. It's dark, whatever it is, and Flare doesn't want to stick around long enough to find out.

If she follows through with her initial goal and returns to the 1990s, she would go back to being a pawn for Reginald. Whereas, if she stays with the Commission, she'd be used as a knight to carry out assassinations for their own "greater good."

Someone owns her, and that's the one thing Flare hates more than anything else.

At the end of the day, even if Flare dies, at least it'll be on her own terms. She would go down knowing it was her choice to make that decision, no one else's.

I belong to no one.

· 🙤 ꕥ •° · ︻╦デ╤━━╾ ·°• ꕥ 🙦 ·