𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗. Stranded in Dallas . . . Yeehaw

· 🙤 •° · ︻╦デ╤━━╾ ·°• 🙦 ·

╔═════ °• 🍭 •° ═════╗

. . . Five?

╚═════ °• 🍭 •° ═════╝

COLORS. A BEAUTIFUL MIXTURE OF color, bright lights, and flashes light up the space around Flare. Is the place she's in even space? She can't tell.

What a peculiar sensation. It feels like a constant limbo of static—always on the verge of shocking her, yet not quite enough to cause any pain.

Then she's falling.

The ground speeds towards Flare faster than she can process it. She barely has enough time to realize what's happening before her body slams into the ground. A cry of pain breaks past her lips. The impact rattles her brain and knocks the air straight out of her lungs.

"Owww . . . what the hell . . . ?"

Gradually, the disorientation begins to fade. Flare hoists herself up. Her vision is blurry from the daze of time travel and falling fifteen feet through the air onto solid concrete. She finds herself sitting in a wide, empty alleyway. Contrary to most gaps between buildings, this space is rather broad.

The sky is dark. Not a single star blemishes its endless expanse. The only thing visible is the moon shining high above. It casts a ghostly, cerulean glow across everything below.

The first thing Flare notices is that she is completely and utterly alone. None of the Hargreeves siblings are with her. Not even Five, who had been passed out in her arms mere seconds ago. Worst of all: their only means of transportation is nowhere to be found. The briefcase, along with the rest of her companions, seems to have vanished into thin air.

Flare scampers to her feet. The rough concrete scratches against her skin and her barely healed wounds. She winces, steadying herself. Unfortunately, the impact must have aggravated a few of her cuts, because a familiar warmth is trickling down the side of her face. Damn that Roman.

Squinting, she tries blinking away the fuzziness behind her eyes.

Goddamn it. Why are the Commission's briefcases so unreliable? Those pieces of junk are terribly manufactured! If only she could time travel using her powers instead of just jumping between tiny areas of space. How come Five could do that, but she can't? It's unfair!

Whenever she time traveled using the briefcases, her body always felt like it was about be shocked with electricity. The air around her felt static and suffocating. But when she fireports, it's like a burst of energy—hot, bright, and quick.