Getting Our Wands

Draco's P.O.V.:-

        Katherine, snaked her arms around me, as she held my waist tightly, clinging to me, but not in a desperate way. I felt my face go red, as I blushed. I felt so warm and happy. I felt like nothing could make me sad ever. I hope she's not a mudblood, but there's no pureblood family I know that is Bellindariamara by surname. Unless, she is from muggle family, but she may have even made it up, after all her parents are no more alive. Katherine is something else altogether. I have seen father agree, and mother smile, but never have I seen father smile genuinely, or apologize with sincerity, or seen either of my parents giggle or snicker with laughter. She can lighten up any mood. The bloody goblin, who was scared like hell of us, greeted her as if she was his own child. She is also so excited to see Diagon Alley. I mean its like whereever, and whomever she lays her eyes on, becomes happy. Like she takes away there grief and sadness, and the place becomes brighter and happier, and the person becomes the happiest person in the world. I saw her close her eyes shut, as I looked at her, more of stared at the girl, like an idiot. I don't mind who she is. As long as she is with me.

        Kat's P.O.V.:-

        By now, I had done my ride to the vaults. I now observed my surroundings.The place was very much dim, but lit up at equal intervals with flaming torches.I guess, we were way beneath an underground lake, as huge stalactites and stalagmites grew from the ceiling and floor. Gornuk took the Malfoy's vault key and unlocked the vault emitting a hissing greenish smoke. Inside it were mounds of galleons, sickles and knuts. I tell you the conversation of money now, 50 british pounds is equal to a galleon. As for our money it's in galleons, sickles and knuts. Gold coins are galleons, silver ones are sickles while bronze ones are called knuts. Seventeen Sickles to a Galleon and twenty-nine Knuts to a Sickle, it’s easy enough to remember, I think. Draco took a dragon hide pouch and filled it with heaps of galleons, sickles and knuts. He then stepped aside, as Gornuk locked it, and gave the key back to Mr. Malfoy. He then walked and took out my platinum key, and unlocked my vault. Purplish smoke came out. Inside it was same as Draco's only a bit more than Draco's which made their eyes widen, as there was a sign of something like an eye, of a stick surrounded by a circle and encircled by a triangle. Above it was the crest of a roaring lion. Mr. Malfoy's face cringed at this. He must be a Slytherin, to hate the symbol of Gryfindor. I took out a silk and dragon hide blended pouch,and filled it with ample amount of money. I took out the things mum and dad would want me to have on getting into Hogwarts. I then moved aside as Gornuk locked my vault, and returned the key to me. We rode back up, and exited the bank.
        "Might as well you kids get your uniforms"said Mrs. Malfoy. So Draco grasped my hand as I internally blushed, as  he rushed me to Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions. Madam Malkin was a squat, smiling witch dressed all in mauve. 
        "Hogwarts, dears?" she said. We nodded. She called another witch who went all goo goo on Draco, flirting with him, making him feel uncomfortable, making me snicker from outside, while internally I was planning of ways to chop and shave her her locks. Draco looked at me like I had lost it, as I snickered further, making him go all red, as Madam Malkin slipped a robe over my head, and began pinning them to the right length. "That's done dear. "she said as I hopped down the stool, and payed the required amount, while she gave me my uniform.  She gave Draco's too, as she scolded the other witch to another customer.
        "That was mean of you, to laugh while she was all over me."mumbled Draco.
        "Why, sorry sir,"I mocked him, "but your reaction was hilarious, and trust my Merlin, it was worth a watch or should I say a laugh."I said. He shook his head and smiled.
        "You were jealous."he smirked.
        "No Malfoy, I'll be jealous, when hell freezes over."I stated. He smiled, but his eyes portrayed how hurt he was. Why is he hurt? "Come one, we need to buy our wands, am sure Mr. Malfoy must have bought our books, and Mrs. Malfoy must have bought the Potions supplies, qills and parchment and stationery."I said pulling him to Ollivander's. We hurried, and at last we reached that shop. It was narrow and shabby. Peeling gold letters over the door read Ollivanders: Makers of Fine Wands since 382 BC. A single wand lay on a faded purple cushion in the dusty window. A tinkling bell rang somewhere in the depths of the shop as they stepped inside. It was a tiny place, empty except for a single spindly chair.  We entered the shop, feeling as if we'd entered some library. There were shelves and shelves having thousands of narrow boxes piled neatly right up to the ceiling. The very dust and silence in here seemed to tingle with some secret magic. There was a thunk, as a man appeared on a ladder looking at us. Blimey, his eyes are like a hawk's so damn creepy.But he smiled at us.
        "Good Afternoon Mr. Malfoy and Ms. Katherine."greeted Ollivander.He then concentrated more on me." Yes, yes. I thought I’d be seeing you soon."he added as Draco looked at me curiously."You look like your father, except for your mother's features. It seems only yesterday that you mother and father were in here buying their first wands. Your mother preferred ten and a quarter inches long, swishy, made of willow. Nice wand for charm work.Your father on the other hand, favoured a mahogany wand. Eleven inches, pliable.A little more power and excellent for Transfiguration. Well, I say your father favoured it - it's really the wand that chooses the wizard, and in your case the witch."he added. Okay, note to self, there has to be a wand that'll choose me.He then turned to Draco. "Now which is you wand hand?"he asked Draco put forward his right hand and the tape began to measure everything itself.  Ollivander then went in and got a wand."Apple, nine and a half inches. Flexible. Dragon heartstring. Try."he said. Draco gave the wand a wave, as he broke the lamp shade.
        "Nope, not at all."he muttered, as he went away with the wand. Minutes later he returned with another wand." 10 inches, Hawthorne, nice and pliant, unicorn hair core. Good for healing, potion making, and charms."he said. Draco touched the wand, as his smiled, with awe, may I add, as his platinum blonde which was gelled back, flew, and the broken lamp shade repaired itself. Wow!"There you go Mr.  Malfoy, that is your wand. Now your turn Ms. Katherine."added Ollivander as he went in. Moments later he came out with bundles of boxes, and the tape."Hold out your wand arm."he said, and I put forward both my hands, as Minerva and Albus had said, am pro with both my hands. Ollivander eyed me skeptically, as he measured my hands, and went back.
        "Every Ollivander wand has a core of a powerful magical substance, Ms Katherine. We use unicorn hairs, phoenix tail feathers and the heartstrings of dragons. No two Ollivander wands are the same, just as no two unicorns, dragons or phoenixes are quite the same. And of course, 
you will never get such good results with another wizard’s wand."he said. Wow, being smug much.  He came up with a wand,"Try this one. Beechwood and dragon heartstring. Nine inches. Nice and flexible."he said. I took the wand, but I doubted it. I gave it a wave. The lamps shades broke, as the fire in them rose to enormous level. Ollivander took away the wand from my hand handing me another."Maple and phoenix feather. Seven inches. Quite whippy. Try –"he said. I was about to wave it when, he snatched it away from my hands."No, no – here, ebony and unicorn hair, eight and a half inches, springy. Go on, go on, try it out."he said.I waved as the wands came blasting out of the shelves, making the shop go into an utter mess."Apparently not!"he said taking the wand from my hand.  He went back and returned with another."Perhaps...this?Eleven inches, rosewood with unicorn's hair, swishy."he said.I waved it as I broke his window pains, and nearly set his shop on fire. Draco stood in a corner scared. "No, no, definitely not. No matter."he said consoling himself, as he returned with the wand. He went on giving me, and I tried and tried but to no avail.The piles of wands increased, as Ollivander's smile increased, much to Draco's questioning. 
        "Another tricky customer eh? Not to worry, we'll find the perfect match here somewhere."he said as he went way inside. I had once lost my patience with Snape and had turned him to a toad, and once I was so angry that I found myself as a baby tigress, stalking him till he ran to his room in the dungeons. And this happened when I was merely six. Minerva had immediately got me registered as an animgus, along with my statistics and marks. Since am growing, every year, a member of the Ministry comes along with Fudge, and takes my marks and measurements." I wonder..."he said when he was inside, as he came strutting outside with another wand.He opened it and took it out, as he handed it to me very carefully. "10" maple and bloodwood, dragon heartstring, devil's snare root,nice and flexible. Perfect for all sorts of magic.Try................."he said. I held the wand, as I immediately got a tingly shocking warm feeling inside me as I felt a current flow, and I waved, repairing all the damage I had done, making the shop as good as new. Draco gasped."Curious... very curious"he muttered to himself.
        "Okay............what's curious?"I asked.
        " I remember every wand I've ever sold, children. It so happens that Ms. Katherine here, has preferred one of the two most powerful wands in the wizarding world, who is destined for the wand you have Mr. Malfoy. It is so prophecied, the the one to prefer this maple and bloodwood wand held by Ms. Katherine here, and the one destined for the hawthorne wand preferred by you, shall be destined for one another, and nobody can separate them, by any manner. And the curious thing is, that the two people are right here, in my shop, at the very moment."he ssaid eyeing me and Draco. Draco and I eyed him in return paying the amount, as I went out and bought myself an owl and a phoenix, while Draco bought an owl.  I went out and took my other supplies from Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy and went to the Leaky Cauldron as I flooed back to Hogwarts.