Severus Suspects

That day at dawn, we reached our common room, and got changed. I wrote everything in the journal, my secret admirer had provided me with. The sound of the nib of my scarlet quill sounded in the air, as Hermione and Ron sat quietly in front of the fireplace, as Harry paced about blabbing about Voldemort being in the Forbidden Forest. And that Severus was trying to steal the Socerer's stone to hand it over to Lord Voldemort. He had some logic in it, regarding Severus's history. But still, Severus had take part in the protection of the stone, how can he try to steal it, I mean it doesn't fit............................
        "You mean, that You- Know- Who is out there right now in the Forest?"said Hermione as she took in the information.
        "But he's weak. He's living off of unicorns. Don't you see? We had it wrong! Snape doesn't want the Stone for himself. He wants the Stone for Voldemort. With the Elixir of Life, Voldemort will become strong again. He, he'll come back."said Harry in reply."I mean we had it wrong! Snape doesn't want the Stone for himself. He wants the Stone for Voldemort. With the Elixir of Life, Voldemort will become strong again. He, he'll come back."he said as he paced about in front of the fireplace.
        "But if he comes back, you don't think he'll try to kill you, do you?"said Ron. Seriously, sometimes I think Malfoy, the Slytherins and Snape are right, my brother glorifies himself as he basks in the showered attention." 
        "I think if he had his chance he would have tried to kill me tonight."said Harry.
        "And to think, I've been worrying about my Potions final."said Ron as he laughed lightening the atmosphere making me snicker at his comment.
        "Hang on a minute. We're forgetting one thing. Who's the one wizard Voldemort is always feared? Dumbledore. As long as Dumbledore's around, Harry, you're safe. As long as Dumbledore's around you can't be touched."said Hermione making my brother relaxed.

        The days crept by and there could be no doubt that Fluffy was still alive and well behind the locked door. It was now sweltering hot, especially in the classrooms where we wrote our theory papers. We were even given special new quills with Anti-Cheating Spells cast on them. Our theory exams were swell, as according to Hermione and me, I don't know about Ron, Harry and Malfoy though. Fillius made us charm our pineapple to tap dance on the table, and I did it really well. Minerva made us transfigure our mice into snuffboxes, and I made the prettiest one.She went away smiling, saying she'd keep it for display.Severus made us make a forgetfulness potion, and I like Malfoy was done in twenty minutes.Our last examination was of History of magic, and I answered each and every question. Once we were out of the hall, the four of us, went out as Harry went on rubbing his scar.
        "I'd heard Hogwarts' final exams were frightful, but I found they're rather enjoyable"said Hermione."What do you say Kat?"she asked.
        "Ditto."I replied with a smile.
        "Speak for yourselves."Ron snorted as he eyed brother." All right there Harry?"he asked him as Harry went on rubbing his scar.
        "My scar. It keeps burning."replied Harry.
        "It's happened before."said Hermione.
        "Not like this."said Harry.
        "May be you should see Poppy."I suggested.
        "I think it's a warning. It means danger's coming."he said "Uhh!"he went on rubbing when we heard the melodious tones of a flute. At a distance Hagrid was playing his flute outside his hut."Ah. Oh, Of Course."said Harry as if in a eureka moment.
        "What is it?"asked Hermione. Harry ran, as I ran along with him, Hermione and Ron towards Hagrid's hut.
        "Don't you think it's a bit odd that what Hagrid want more than anything is a dragon and a stranger turns up and just happens to have one? I mean, how many people wander around with dragon eggs in their pockets? Why didn't I see it before?"he exclaimed as we reached Hagrid's hut."Hagrid who gave you the dragon egg?"he asked making Hagrid stop playing his flute."What did he look like?"
        "I dunno. I never saw his face. He kept his hood up."replied Hagrid warily.
        "You must have at least talked to him?"I pleaded and asked.
        "Well, he wanted to know what sort of creatures I looked after. And I told him, after Fluffy a dragon's gonna be no problem."said Hagrid as he smiled. Well, something is truly damn fishy.
        "Did he seem interested in Fluffy?"I asked him, pressing the matter.
        " Well of course he was interested in Fluffy! How often do you come across three headed dogs do you come across even if you're in the trade? But I told him, I said, I said, "The trick with any beast is to know how to calm him." Take Fluffy for example, just play him a bit of music and he falls straight asleep."he said with pride as his face paled as white as sheet of ice."I shouldn't have told you that. Where are you going? Where are you---?"he began saying as we fled to the castle. Minerva and Albus need to know about this thing. We ran back to the Transfiguration office, where Minerva sat correcting the papers.
        " We have to see professor Dumbledore immediately!"said Harry huffing in a hurry.
        "I’m afraid Professor Dumbledore’s not here. He received an urgent owl from the Ministry of Magic and left immediately for London."said Minerva as she looked at us shocked. She then eyed me skeptically.
        "He’s gone! But this is important! This is about the Sorcerer’s Stone!"said Harry with a tone of urgency. This sent a shiver down Minerva's spine. She glared at the three, and looked at me."
        "How did you know ---?"she asked when Harry went on like a bumbling baby baboon.
        " Someone’s going to try to steal it!"he exclaimed.
        "I don’t know how you four found out about the Stone but I assure you it is perfectly well protected. Now would you go back to your dormitories quietly. "she said as she glared at us, through the bridge of her nose.  And Harry didn't stop right there. He went on with his theory even as we walked outside.
        "That was no stranger Hagrid met. It was Snape. Which means that he knows how to get past Fluffy."he said.
        "And with Dumbledore gone---------------"pondered Hermione, when Severus swaggered towards us. I looked up and cocked a brow at him, as he looked down.
        "Good afternoon. Now, what would four young Gryffindors, such as yourselves be doing inside on a day like this?"he asked, in his intimidating manner. Hermione turned as she stammered to answer him back.
        "We were... we were just---"she stammered as he gave her a yes, do go on and explain yourselves look at her, as she gaped at him. He half smiled triumphantly, as he looked down at us.
        " You’d ought to be careful. People will think"he said as his eyes fell on Harry, who was busy glaring at him, making him darken his eyes at my brother."you’re up to something."he said slightly louder in a warning tone, as he swaggered away, his black cloak billowing behind him. Harry looked at him, as he took charge to put his theory to application. Talk of brother onto a mission.
        " Now what are we do?"asked Hermione as Harry looked at us.
        "We go down the trap door, tonight."he said.