Chapter 15

(A/N I know it has been taking me forever to write, I do like this series but I am a new mama and I'm working on getting my Criminal Psych degree and I'm working so juggling a lot of things but I will keep trying to write in any free time I have! Thank you for sticking around so far!)

I don't remember a time when my parents were parents. I don't remember a time where I was taken into the world for sunshine, for air, I never went to school. I never had friends. I had Belle, but she was gone. I never had a connection that wasn't built on misery or pain. My parents weren't even really parents, they didn't love each other or bring life into the world to watch a new being grow into exceptional potential. Instead I was simply an experiment.

I was a lab rat. With the age of mutants. Of heroes. Of people with powers. I was just an addition to capitalize on what we could do and if certain people could sell and creat powers for those willing to pay. Belle was the same. But she just was a failed experiment to these people. But to me...she was the only connection I had.

And now she was just gone. And it was my fault. To push my powers and hers we were placed in a sick game of hurting each other. Her powers were similar to mine but not as well-defined. She didn't have the same control, she didn't fully understand how the visualization worked in tandem with the markings. That when they seemed to light up it meant you were working into the others nerves.

And each time we failed to produce results it was unbearable pain. Like they knew we had some sort of weakness that was particularly draining. That we couldn't even heal each other or comfort each other through. And the experiment that ended it all the introduced mind altering drugs. A mixture of things that had no idea of before. Making me see things that weren't there. Being scared of my own shadow.

It was like nothing I had experienced. Belle didn't know.

She tried to help but in my state of torment I saw her as the enemy. I used my powers, I sensed her heart, I could feel it beating faster with fear. Like she knew my mind was inside. She undoubtedly sensed it.

I squeezed.

Tighter. Until the beating slowed.

And it stopped.

I had no idea until I woke up what felt like weeks after and didn't see her. They never said a thing other then "subject 02 has been eliminated". And that a subject 03 was in the process of being created.