Chapter 11

"Subject 01 continues to go through testing although no new abilities have been present. Subject 01 seems to suffer depression and suicidal thoughts after the death of Subject 02."

"Her name was Belle!" I was smacked across the face, for interrupting the report my mother was making into her damned tape recorder. I shut my mouth, knowing the punishments that would await if I spoke anymore about Belle.

"Come on!" I felt myself being dragged outta bed by Valkyrie. I groaned and tried holding onto the bed as she pulled harder on my feet.

"Five more minutes of sleep.." I trailed off, still half awake.

"No we need to talk, come on!" She pulled with one last yank and I let go, hitting my head against the floor.

"Ow!" I seethed in pain as I rubbed my head. "What the actual fu-"

"How do you know the grandmaster's champion?!"

"Oh my god Val, it's to late for this." I groaned until she pulled me up by my arm.

"Nah uh come on!" She dragged me into the living room area and sat me on the couch. I groaned and rubbed my head.

"Start from the beginning." She stood in front of me, my eyes focused on the ground. "How'd you meet him?"

"I already told you how I was adopted after being experimented on? Well.." I felt myself trail off. "He was in the group I was apart of. He helped partially raise me."

"That thing raised you? How can he even be near a child without crushing them?"

I chuckled and opened my mouth but the bathroom door opened and out came Loki, hair damped and skin a pink tint. I couldn't help but smile when I saw him walk out. It was almost instinct to do so at this point, even if I wanted to fight it. He smiled back, a soft look in his eyes. Until they flicked over to Valkyrie, and they went back to an almost cold glare.

"Valkyrie, can you please leave me and (Y/N) to discuss business in peace please?" He stood behind me now, hands on my shoulders.

"Fine. But I get her later. I need to know more about how interconnected all this weird shit is!" She stood up and walked away, that's when Loki let go of my shoulders.

"Sometimes she makes me want to punch her." He growled under his voice.

I looked up at him, his expression softening as he bent over and kissed my forehead. "You know we need to find a way to leave still. We can't just stay here-"

He covered my mouth. "Hush. Let me enjoy the moment please?" He hopped over the couch and sat next to me and opened his arms. I sighed and laid on his chest. His arms were wrapped around me. "I'm just noticing you're still in your pajamas." He chuckled.

My face went red, as all I was wearing was a pair of panties and tank top. I tried pulling away but he kept his arms around me. "C-come On let me go change!" I whined and he shook his head.

"Nope. I quite enjoy looking at you like this." He pulled my tank top strap a little to the side and my face seemed to be on fire. The marks on my body were glowing once again. He laid down on the couch and then pulled me up on his lap, his hands on my hips.

I moaned a little as I felt myself against him. "Come on w-we gotta seriously leave soon.." I trailed off as he began moving my hips back and forth and my eyes rolled back a little. He smirked up at me.

"Just let me tease you a little bit, My Goddess." I bent over and started kissing him deeply. His arms were wrapped around me tightly, his tongue slipped into my mouth and tangled with mine.

But all was short lived as the door was opened and in came Valkyrie. She started giggling. "I was coming back for my bag holy crap. Look at you two!" She bursted out laughing as I fell off Loki on the floor.

"Out." Loki stood up and pushed Valkyrie out as she was still howling with laughter. I stood up and looked down, avoiding eye contact.

"I'm going to get d-dressed now." I ran off to the room and tried slowing my breath down. I looked down at the markings that had found their way all up my arms and down my legs. They were spreading.

Deep breathes.

I breathed in deeply through my nose and exhausted through my mouth. A few more of these and the markings faded back into a scaring type look. But this time they remained on my legs, unlike they had ever done before.

Was I getting worse? Were my powers starting to overcome my being? It wasn't painful. It wasn't anything more then my body reacting to emotional intensity. So then why? Why when I'm away from home does my body betray me and when I can have no answers?

My attention to my thoughts were broken by the loud pounding on my door. "Are you ok?" I heard Loki, his voice laced with a tone of concern.

I sighed, looking at myself in the mirror. "I'm almost out. Go ahead and see Thor. I'll meet you soon." I ran my hands through my hair. How did this man, this god make me weak like this?

All I could think about was kissing him, to be held by him. How would Tony see me when I got back home? If I got back home? What would everyone think? Should it even matter?

I pulled my pants up and put a tank top on, finally something clothing that resembled my past life instead of these space jumpsuits. I tied my hair back, making sure it would be out of my face. I looked back myself. Soon. Soon we'll leave here.