Chapter 12

The floor beneath me was rumbling, cracking under my fingertips. I knew I wasn't doing this, at least I hoped I wasn't. As I sat there, chained to the ground, debris fell around me. My mother's dead body beside me after a piece had fallen directly on her. The sounds of alarms and flashing lights had surrounded me, isolating me into an utter state of panic.

What was this?

I didn't know. I didn't know much of anything other then words and phrases. I wasn't taught much of anything else, other then to destroy my enemies. Or who I was told was my enemy.

I looked up, preparing for the falling debris to take me into an eternal sleep but it never came. Instead, I saw a man with long blonde hair knocking the debris from falling on top of me as another man with a suit of mostly blue grabbed me and carried me into the light.

The outside.

"Thor please tell me you have a plan to get us out of this hell hole. Your brother doesn't want to leave, Valerie will kill me if I say I want to leave, I miss home-" I was cut off when he put his hands on my shoulders. Thor had a way of calming me down, by trying to comfort me and telling me the reality of things yet still providing hope.

I heard hulk scoff as he walked passed us. "No escape. Thor and you are Hulk friends. Why leave?" I sighed and moved Thor's hands off my shoulders. And suddenly an idea.

"Hulk, where's the ship you took when you crashed here?" I looked up at the green giant.

He pointed straight out the window, beneath the tower was a ship previously belonging to the avengers. I looked at Thor, knowing we both had the same idea. But before I could say anything, he broke the glass and slide down. I looked around, hoping Loki would appear. I didn't want to leave him behind.

Next thing I knew hulk had jumped out with him. But I didn't move. I couldn't. I knew if I left Loki, I'd regret it.

I ran off, hoping they wouldn't leave without me. "Loki!" I yelled, looking everywhere for him. I heard the faint hint of his voice. My heart pounding a little faster. Until I heard the voice of a female. I shouldn't.

I followed the voices, a mix of laughter and flirtatious sounds. I peaked over the corner seeing the alien like woman touching his arm and biting her lip, almost immediately the marks on my arms light up. He was smirking, his eyes looking her up and down.

I turned my back to them, hiding myself behind the wall as my jealousy carried on. I heard footsteps though coming my way. I started walking back the way I came, knowing I could leave him if he wanted to stay here and knowing he didn't need me.

"I knew I shouldn't have trusted him." I mumbled under my breath, not yet realizing the string of emotions to come after the anger I felt.

"Why not?" His voice echoed and my heart stopped. "For getting info on trying to get you what you want?" My breathing hitched and I could feel anxiety replacing anger. "You know I wouldn't want you to leave without me. I already know the two avenger men left. The Grand Master is having me and Valkrie meet him. And I know we'll find them. And need a ship." I kept walking.

"Then I'll find Val." I tried making sure the anxiety I felt wasn't easily heard.

"And do what? You need me to help you." He grabbed my shoulder, he was closer then I thought. But he removed his hand quickly, my anger at him causing him pain. "Come on, you seriously can't be-"

"Mad? You think I don't deserve a tad bit of anger?!" I yelled, not turning my back. "You think that after I've been trying my damnedest to get off this hellhole, to get home to my family, to then having to have feelings for you that seeing you flirt with some skank wouldn't make me the least bit upset?!" My hands curled into fists as I felt tears threatening to overflow.

"It didn't mean anything!" He shouted back.

"Then neither did anything we've done." He grabbed my shoulder again, this time ignoring the pain. "Let. Go." This time I was purposely trying to cause some sort of pain to get him to let go.

Burn.

I tried to make it so his hand felt a burning sensation, but he didn't let go.

"You can try and hurt me. But I see what's in your mind. I can see what you've gone through. Why you go back and forth between your feelings for me and what you think of me." I grabbed his hand, summoning my strength to flip him over my shoulder.

"Who are you to judge what I've gone through and why I shouldn't question myself about loving you-"

I cut myself off. Realizing what I had just said. His eyes widened as he looked at me. "You-"

"Shut up. I'm leaving. You can come or stay, but don't ever fucking think you can make your assumptions on how I feel and why-"

"I know that I killed your mother. I know why the debris was falling. But you hated her. You wanted her dead."

My arms were wrapped around a tall man who had carried me out of the lab where my parents tortured me for years. I looked up, sniffling and tearing up.

"Are you ok, dear?" He put me down and looked down at me with his hand on my shoulder. I rubbed my eyes as I began sobbing.

"I'm free..."

I looked down at him. Thinking of all the horrible things my parents did to me, thinking of how Tony took me in to the avengers, how my life had changed for the better. "I did. But I wanted her to love me more then I wanted her dead." I walked past him, looking for Valkrie.

"I love you too." I heard his voice echo, as I tried to keep my manner calm. "And that's why I'm trying to get you out of here."