Chapter 13

"I'm sorry, Mr. Stark!" I was curled in a ball, my arms wrapped around my knees. He had an injury, to test my powers further he asked me to heal them but I only made them worse.

His girlfriend, Pepper want sitting in front of me and she wrapped her arms around my shoulders. I was stunned, I had never experienced such a warm embrace. A motherly one.

"It's going to be ok. It always turns out ok."

I was wandering the streets. Looking for the two men who had gone off. Loki promised that today we would leave. We were tasked with finding Hulk and Thor before either could escape the planet. But that would be unlikely without using some sort of aircraft. And thankfully none of the ones on ground had anywhere near enough power to get through the atmosphere or any of the multiple portals. So they couldn't have just flew away and abandoned us.

You'd think finding a giant green man who has anger issues along with the god of thunder would be easier to spot. But of course they had to be on their best behavior despite all they did at home. I sighed as I leaned against the wall of a building, trying to rack through the ideas in my head that had been clouded with exhaustion.

My body aches and my mind felt like it was on the verge of exploding. I don't think I've ever been under as much stress as I am in this moment. I felt the markings crawling up my arms further then before, letting off a glow. I took deep breathes. But it wasn't working.

I felt a hand wrap around my waist as a voice I had no familiarity with had whispered into my ear. "Little lost lamb~" It purred into my ear. My body shivered in disgust and I tried breaking free but the arms tightened. "What's wrong, I'm just trying to help you find your way~"

Burn. Fucking burn.

The skin sizzled and they let go, hissing in pain and I took off. Only to hear his rants of "little bitch" in the background. I ran as far as I could while almost forgetting my main objective in the process until I bumped into a tall and muscular figure. Before I could react in violence and defense I breathed a sighed in relief seeing it was just Thor. I wrapped my arms around him, unable to really control my body any longer before sobbing.

"I want to go home..." I said in between tears. I just felt him wrap his arms around me and the voice of Bruce in my ear.

"We will. As soon as we can." He shushed me, as I felt my body relax.

"It's going to be ok."

Her voice rang through my ears. Even now when the world felt hopeless and lost. When my feelings were a bundle of utter confusion and stress. Her words gave me comfort. The woman who always treated me as her own.

My tears stopped flowing and the markings faded back to almost a skin tone deeper.

As he let go I noticed that Bruce was well Bruce. No longer in his hulk form. And that Valkyrie was right behind them. She smiled at me and motioned for us to go towards the tower once again.

My body shuttered, the hatred of the place boiling into my physical reactions now. Approaching the old living area made my entire being feel nauseous. Ready to throw up and run off but Valkyrie claimed a surprise was there.

And as I entered the room there I saw Loki. Tied up. His eyes met mine and I looked away. Still feeling some anger towards him. The others followed behind me, Loki turning on a smile for show.

"Surprise?" He voice almost mocking towards his brother. I felt my mind wander as they discussed the different ideas to leave until I felt a voice creep into my head.

"We'll need a ship. You know I know where we can get one."

His voice even in my head had my anger seemingly melt.

"Guys..?" I tried to interrupt, feeling like a child trying not to disturb the adults talking. "I think Loki knows where we can get a ship."

"No. We can't trust him." Thor spoke, brushing the idea off. "Loki loves his tricks. One time he disguised himself as a snake cause he knew I loved them. And when I went to play with the snake he turned back and stabbed me."

I looked back at Loki with a questionable gaze. He shrugged. "It was funny at the time."

"I don't know what other choice we have though. I mean do any of us have another plan?" I spoke softly.

"I guess we don't." Valkyrie responded in a defeated voice, glaring at Loki. I went over to unlock his chains, his eyes desperately trying to meet mine.

"I'm sorry. You know that right?" He whispered. I felt let out an exhale.

"Yes I know. But that doesn't excuse what you did." As soon as his hands were undone he grabbed my hands, looking me in the eyes.

"I know. But I meant what I said. I-"

"Come on lovebirds!" Thor roared. I sighed and let go of Loki's hands.

I stood up and gathered around. "So who does what?"

"Well Valkyrie and Bruce I want you to release and arm the slaves here. Start a revolution." Thor explained as he pointed to them and they nodded their heads.

"(Y/N) and Loki, since you've been here for a while you should be able to get to the ships easier. I'll come with you but we'll need to be discreet. As soon as we get to the ship, Valkyrie and Bruce meet us. That's when we leave for Asgard. Understood?" Everyone nodded in unison.

As Thor further explained to Valkyrie and Bruce their roles I heard that mischievous voice in my head once again.

"I love you. I promise I won't let us be separated at this point."