Chapter 5

"Subject 01, age 10 and Subject 02, age 3. Subject 01 shows abilities of reversing wounds and alteration of human tissue of Subject 02. Subject 02 fails to show any signs of abnormal powers."

Belle...I'm sorry.

"Fuck!" I panted bending over, sweat dripping down my face. I had a nasty cut on my arm from a fight with a new 'warrior' as the Grand Master put it. A way to learn a lesson about sneaking out after dark. Loki and I agreed not to stay here forever, we needed to get to Asgard.

"Almost done ok? Just breathe." Loki comforted me as he disinfected my arm. "It doesn't need stitches that's the good part. But it's still deep enough that it could cause a quite nasty infection." He bandaged my arm and the pain ceased.

"The 'nasty infection' is that you like it here way to much. We aren't ever getting out of here...and I'll never see my family again." I looked down and sighed. I had been keeping that in for a week. Loki looked at me, seemingly shocked.

"What do you mean I like it here?" He stood in front of me, his face one now of irritation.

"I mean you haven't helped me get off this damned planet since we got here!" I yelled standing up, despite the pain. "I mean dear god I just had to almost beat someone to death out there and all you could do was watch!"

"What was I supposed to do exactly (Y/N)?! You and I both know what happened to the man who refused to help the Grand Master! Instantly melted!" He snapped his fingers. "Just like that! Is that better to you?! Do you think I wanted to watch?! To see you suffer like that?!"

"You are the god of mischief, maybe you did enjoy it." He stepped back.

"Listen. I want you to listen carefully." He took a step in front of me, his face inches from mine. "I may be the god of mischief. But I never enjoyed people I care about's suffering. I didn't want to watch. But I also didn't want to see you become nothing more then a puddle." I turned around and went out of the living quarters. My mind told me to be angry but my heart felt a flutter.

He cares about me? But does that really matter in this moment? We had wasted a week's worth of time fooling around and doing as told like prisoners. I paced back and forth in the hall, going back and forth in my head. He cares and doesn't want me hurt, how do I feel about him? Would I do anything to protect him? Is Loki my friend? This whole mission was so we could save Thor from whatever but so far no progress has been made.

I wrapped my hand around my arm, feeling the tingle of pain. I took a deep breathe.

Focus.

Heal.

I put all my thought into it, the markings lining my hands only for the pain to worsen. I stopped and groaned. "Useless." I grabbed my arm harder.

Focus. Please.

The pain kept increasing until I fell to the ground on my knees in pain. "Fucking useless!" My eyes welled up with tears. All those experiments, only so I couldn't even help myself.

I pulled my knees to my chest as I began sobbing and hiding my face in my knees. I didn't want to be like this. I didn't want these damn powers. I didn't like feeling other people's pain. Sometimes it would get so bad I would just want to end my own life. I continued sobbing into my knees before I heard the clicking of shoes and I kept my face buried but my sobs silent.

"(Y/N)? Are you ok?" A wave of relief came over me as soon as I heard his voice and I looked up with puffy eyes.

"I'm ok. I was just trying to fix my damn cut but I only ended up making it hurt more." I wiped any remaining tears off my cheeks. He grabbed my hand and saw the markings shining lightly on my skin as he traced his thumb over them.

"I'm sorry I got upset. I didn't mean to snap I just want you to know that I really do care about you. This past week I've felt like I've actually had a friend, and I've never really had any friends. Everyone always liked Thor more." He let go of my hand as a slight blush crossed his cheeks. "And I don't want to see my only friend as a pile of guts."

I chuckled and wrapped my arms around him. "I'll be ok. If it makes you feel better I don't want to see you as a pile of guts either." I heard him chuckle lightly as he returned the hug and he buried his face into my neck. I felt my heart warm up, my mouth turning into a dorky grin. I felt safe. Happy.

"(Y/N)?" He spoke, his breath against my neck causing me to hold back a shiver.

"Yes Loki?" I pulled away and looked him in the eyes.

"I can help you with the painful memories.."

"What do you mean?" My voice somewhat shaky, as I was a terrible liar.

"I can see that you have painful thoughts and memories from your childhood and what your parents did..I saw them while I was bandaging your arm and a few times when you've been asleep..I don't know all that happened as many of your dreams are vivid but I could help you when they come up." He places the palm of his hand on my forehead. "All I have to do is go like this and then poof. You'll forget a lot of those memories."

I grabbed his hand and put it down. "Loki, I want these memories. Even though they're painful.. those experiences made me who I am today. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for them." He smiled a little as he stood up and helped me up.

"Well we should get some dinner started and go to bed." He led me back to our living quarters.