Chapter 4

"Subject 01. Age 9. Ability to heal with touch present. Claims to be able to feel other's pain. Will be tested tomorrow."

Father spoke into a recorder. He stopped, looking at me. He set the recorder down and stepped towards me. My body shook in fear.

"Let's go."

I woke up. Grabbing my throat.

Breathe.

I breathed in deeply. Then out slowly. I looked over, Loki was barely awake. Still staring out into the void.

"It's odd. You can't tell if it's day or night in space can you?" Loki yawned and looked over at me. I was still laying against the seat with a blanket covering my lap. I smiled a little.

"You need some sleep." I chuckled and stood up. I wrapped my blanket around him and brushed his hair out of his eyes. "And maybe a shower when you can." I looked down at him as his eyes pierced my own. What was this feeling in my chest?

I wanted to lean closer. But I stopped myself and pet his head before going to my seat. "(Y/N)?" I turned my gaze to him yet again.

"Yes?"

"You're very kind. You remind me of someone who was very dear to me." I smiled before my eyes were fixated on a black hole.

"Shit...grab a hold of something!" I grabbed the wheel of the ship but it was to late. The ship was thrusted around, my stomach turning and my body pushed harder against the chair. Before I knew what was happening the ship lost control and I saw the ground. "Fuck!" I grabbed a hold of the wheel as the ship crashed into the planet. I looked over at a panting Loki.

"Are you ok?" He unstrapped himself before he limped over to me and unstrapped me standing me up. The markings appeared on my arms but he did not recoil from touching me. Odd..

"I'm ok. We just need to know where we are now. Hopefully it's someplace nice." I started walking out of the ship. I grabbed guns from a bag and placing them in my holsters. Loki transformed in a more royal yet warrior attire with two daggers in each hand. As we exited we were welcomed by a woman. She was a bit short, with darker hair and fair skin.

"Newcomers? Come this way." She led us to a big building we had landed in front of. I looked at Loki, waiting for his reaction. He walked in front of me, an arm behind himself and in front of me.

"Stay behind me. Understand?" He spoke in a demanding tone. I nodded, even though I wanted to say something. I couldn't find the courage to do so. We walked through rooms, finally arriving to one where a man in robes sat in a throne of sorts. The woman stopped and bowed.

"Grand master. I bring newcomers." She spoke with her head bowed. The man, the grand master I assumed, looked us over and stood up.

"Ah well well well.. who are you? You look like a cute little couple." He spoke, almost enthusiastically.

"I am Loki, god of mischief. This is (Y/N) of Midgard." Loki bowed slightly, where as I did not.

"And we aren't a couple." I spoke, looking directly at the Grand Master.

"So uh (Y/N) why is it that you refuse to be polite to me?" He stepped closer, Loki pushing me more behind him after standing straight up.

"I don't know nor trust you. How could I be polite." I tried moving from behind Loki but he refused to move his arm as he stared at me. As if to tell me to shut my mouth.

"Forgive her. She's probably not accustomed-"

"Loki, I didn't speak to you. But I do like you (Y/N). You've got a feisty little attitude. How would you like a job?" He pushed Loki to the side and he stiffened as the Grand Master stood in front of me.

"What's the other choices if I refuse?" I kept my arms crossed.

He smirked. "The other choice is being an unpaid worker who competes in games."

"So a slave?"

"Oh don't use that word it's so ugly!" He walked back to his seat. "So, (Y/N) of Midgard and Loki god of Miss Step-"

"Mischief."

"Will you take up my offer? If you do you'll be rewarded with a little living space all to yourselves for however long the job may last but I'm short on staff so I need to know now." I looked at Loki. He nodded.

"Ok. We accept." I walked by Loki and stood by him.

"Splendid! We'll go over details later during tonight's match! Until then you'll be shown your room!" He clapped his hands together and the woman from before walked us to the elevator.

She led us to a room, walls of glass and red floor. A lounge area, a bathroom, a kitchen area, and a bedroom. One bedroom. Before I could say anything the door was shut. And locked. "I guess we aren't allowed to leave until this match I suppose." I sighed running my hands through my hair and turning to Loki.

"You can take the bed. I'll take the couch." He was looking down, I swear I could see a tint of red cover his cheeks. I smirked, the god of mischief was embarrassed and blushing.

"What if we both took the bed?" I chuckled as his head popped up. His face growing more red. This will be fun. "I mean I wouldn't mind." I walked closer to him. He coughed a little and sat on the couch. I laughed hard before ruffling his hair. "I'm just teasing you."

He pouted a little, it was honestly adorable. "That's not funny (Y/N)..." he trailed off.

~Loki's POV~

This woman I swear was driving me over the edge sometimes. She slept in the room next to me and I laid restless on a couch. We had discussed with the Grand Master that we would gather parts from broken ships. And as we stayed longer we would gather "warriors" as he put it. Aka slaves.

But I wasn't even focusing on that. I was focusing all on her. Her eyes. Her lips. Her hair. Her skin..her...everything. I stood up and walked to her room, no door but only an arch separated the room and lounge area. I leaned against the side of the arch. Looking at her. I smiled, she looked peaceful.

She was holding a pillow next to her, the blanket covering all but her bare feet. I sighed and went to the bathroom. I started the shower and disrobed. Why couldn't I stop thinking about her?