Chapter 8

"Mama! Why did you make me do that?!" My hands were shaking in rage and terror at what I had done.

"Stop being a spoiled brat! This is a break through in your powers! You'll be able to stop an enemy with a single touch and take down the most heinous beings! Do you want her death to be in vein, (Y/N)?!"

No.
"Now I have duties to attend to. Stay here and socialize I suppose." Topaz walked off and left me and Loki in a crowded area. I looked over at Loki through the corner of my eye, only to find him staring at me. Where's Valkrie when I need her. His stare was burning into me, as if he was staring directly at all my thoughts and all my confused feelings. I still wasn't sure if Loki had even changed. Despite what he said, I had an uneasy feeling about giving into the idea of being romantically involved so fast.

It was just a kiss, after being stuck together for over three weeks. That's all it was. Right? "I need something to drink. I'll be back." I walked off, finding it surprising that he hadn't stopped me. I kept my eyes down as I made my way through people, my hand on my arm holding it close to me. I never liked being around a lot of people. It brings me back to my childhood.

How my mother and father's scientists would group around me, prodding and poking and watching. Always watching. I looked back at my wrists, of course I'd never forget it. But sometimes I like to think I'm a better person then what they made me into.

I felt myself bump into someone and I looked up. One of the Grand Master's friends I could assume, as I had never seen him before. He was towering over me, with shaggy brown hair and brown eyes. His skin was a grey color and his breath smelt of alcohol. "Whatcha doing all by yourself little lady?" He wore a sinister smirk as he spoke to me, the stench of his breathe causing me to gag.

"I-I just want a drink." He laughed at my response and grabbed my shoulder.

Anxiety.

My heart was beating, I felt as if I was shrinking compared to this statue of a man. "Why don't I help you find your way so you don't get lost, huh?" His words seemed to slur as he tried wrapping his arm around me. My demeanor felt smaller by every second that I let this creep put his hands on me.

"N-no thanks. I th-think I'll-"

"Nonsense, can't have a pretty thing like you running around lost." He laughed again as he winked at me.

"I feel uncomfortable..please-" he tightened his grip and leaned down to whisper in my ear.

"Don't be. I won't bite. Unless you ask~"

Don't.

The markings lined my skin as the anxiety began to turn to rage.

"I'm warning you."

Pain.

He fell to his knees, shaking in pain. "Get the fuck off me." He continued shaking as he looked up at me with watery eyes. My anger went down and was instead replaced with regret.

"What's your deal?" He whimpered, now getting up. "Crazy lady." He walked off, shaking his head. I looked down at my hands, watching the markings fade away only slightly. Why wouldn't they go away for good?

I shook my head, trying to make the thoughts stop. Why should I feel guilt for him getting what he deserved? Why should I? I sighed and decided against the drink. Maybe they'd just increase my want to hurt someone. As I started walking back I spotted Loki. Talking to a group of women.

What was this feeling now? I had no time to fully experience it as a loud and thunderous voice rang.

"Loki! Loki it's me!"

Thor. He was seemingly stuck in a chair I had seen far to many innocent people be trapped in before. I ran over and smiled widely.

"Thor! Where the hell have you been?!" I started laughing as I hugged onto him. His eyes were wide when he saw me, but seemingly full of relief.

"(Y/N)? My dear, what are you doing here?" His voice was full of concern, almost like a father who had found his missing child.

"Loki landed outside avengers base and I was the only one home." I chuckled as I felt my eyes water up.

"Excuse me, you all know each other?" I heard the Grand Master's voice speak.

"Loki is my brother! (Y/N) is a dear friend!" He started struggling and I unwrapped my arms from around him, a huge smile still on my face.

"We're not really brothers." Loki spoke, causing my smile to fall as I looked at him with disbelief.

"Yes we are." Thor spoke.

"I was adopted so not really." I glared at Loki as he spoke and the Grand Master looked at me.

"And you?"

"He's the closest thing I have to family. Please release him." I tried acting calm, I wanted Thor out so we could leave.

"Well I'm sorry, you know the rules. He must battle my top champion."

"Let me at him then. I can do it!" Thor was eager, I could tell he wanted out to. But even I hadn't faced the top champion, I didn't even know what they looked like. All I knew is once you went in you didn't come out.

"Ok than, the lord of Thunder will face my champion!"

I was pacing back and forth in the bathroom, drying off from the shower I had taken just before. I heard a knock and rolled my eyes. "What?" I was focused on my hands, they still hadn't gone away. As if burned into my skin. This wasn't normal.

"We have to watch the fight tomorrow night."

"Fine. Whatever." They were glowing bright now. What the hell?

"What's wrong?" He opened the door, despite me never saying he could come in.

"Loki! For fuck's sake I'm only in a towel!" I growled venomously at him. His lips curled into a smirk.

"Well you saw me in one. Why can't I get pay back?"

"Out!" I pushed him out with all my might as he just laughed. Asshole.