What is a Guardian

After the opening, Fred is seen in the middle of a battle with Tempus. Tempus brings his staff down onto Fred's left arm as the latter blocks the strike. Fred's right arm burns up and he throws a punch towards Tempus. Tempus leans back, barely dodging the attack and spins around to get some distance from Fred. Fred runs forward and goes in for a series of flurry kicks, trying to throw Tempus off of his game. Tempus whacks Fred's ankles and legs, blocking the strikes as quickly as he can.

The duo are in a cave with a small creek around the rocks they are fighting on. Once at a distance, Tempus uses his semblance and brings up some of the water and pushes it towards Fred. Fred's arm heats up and he unleashes a wave of fire into the water.

While it looks like the water has stopped the flames, Fred's power eclipses it and pushes into Tempus' direction. Tempus raises a wall of water and stops the incoming fires, saving himself in the process. Fred ignites a few fire balls and spins a little, getting them to his feet and kicking them forward.

Tempus sends a rush of water up and puts the fire out. From some of the flames, Fred forms a wave of fire and launches it towards Tempus' position. Tempus flips to the side as Fred leaps forward and goes in for an axe kick. Tempus stops himself from moving and brings a wave of water towards Fred.

Fred lands on his foot, bends down and barely catches onto a rock. He flips himself up, fire on his legs and spins around to form a flaming tornado. Fred kicks a few fire balls towards Tempus who uses his staff to barely push them to the side. Fred handsprings himself up, uses some fire on his boots to launch himself behind Tempus and throws a kick to launch the old man into the stone wall. Fred lands down onto the central platform as Tempus gets out of the wall and slowly lands onto a rock.

Fred: Are you-

Tempus: Yes. I am alive. Evidently.

Tempus steps forward, stretching his muscles a little and gets back to the main platform. Fred goes to support him but Tempus raises his arm to stop him.

Tempus: I'll live. It will take more than that to kill me.

Fred nodded as Tempus began to walk out of the training sphere. He stops himself a little and turns back to Fred.

Tempus: You did moderately well today.

Fred smiles slightly as Tempus walks away.

_______________________________________________

Fred enters his makeshift bedroom, resting down on the mat that is his bed and looking over a series of books. He grabs one and cracks it open, scanning through the pages a little.

Fred: Alright. Journal of Basillus, the Brave. Warrior of the Norour Tribes. Great-Grandfather of Erebus. Interesting.

Fred opens the journal and starts to scan through some of the pages. As he does, the candle in his room melts away, eventually going from a fully stocked candle to about a tenth of the candle height with the light barely on. However, Fred continues to read from the journal of Basillus.

As he does, his eyes drip a little, feeling a sense of tiredness wash over him. Fred closes his eyes and when he opens them again, he is in the Guardian Plane. He raises an eyebrow and looks around.

Fred: (Calling out) Alright! Who summoned me this time??!!

The world is silent. However, it all changes as a light shines down. Fred looks up and a female Guardian slowly lowers down before him.

Uriel: Greetings. I am Uriel, the Smiter. Welcome Frederic.

Fred: So, you summoned me this time?