The Suffering

After the opening, Damson pulls himself from the rubble of the Fort. He bursts up and glances around, scanning the room as he sees Stonewall leaning against a console, putting a grenade onto it and remotely arming the device. He growls and lunges towards Stonewall. Before he could attack, a ball of chi hits him and blows up a little. Stonewall glances over to Widow to see her covering him. Stonewall gives a nod as Solomon and Olive back up a little to get nearby.

Stonewall: Sitrep?

Solomon: Charges are set!

Ireland backs up as well and blocks an incoming attack from Damson. She pulls a little as Damson's tail pushes towards her face. She barely ducks from the tail as Damson laughs more and more. He thrusts up to attack her again but is stopped once Olive uses her semblance to attack him and push him back.

Olive: We need an escape and we need it now!

Solomon: Cannon's have a slight opening!

Stonewall: Move it!

Solomon, Ireland and Olive ran towards one of the cannons and pushed on it. The gun moves a little to expose a larger hole for an escape. Blasts hit Olive's vines as a sword cuts through some more. Stier marches in. On the other side of the room, Damson uses his drill tail and cuts into the vines and moves inside as well. Damson roars as Solomon fires towards him to cover their escape. Widow grabs Stonewall and helps him to their escape.

Stonewall: Light it!

Widow and Stonewall jump out first followed by Olive. Ireland and Solomon fire a few more rounds as Steir and Damson dodge the shots and move in closely. Solomon grabs Ireland and pushes her into the pit and he jumps after her, pressing a button.

As the team falls, the room explodes and launches them all down. Solomon reaches down and grabs on a ledge, grunting as he catches Ireland with him. A few bullheads move down towards the team.

Mason: Extraction team, get them the hell out of there! Cannons are down! Commence bombing run!

Evie: Mace! Incoming ship on radar. Radiation spike!

Mason raises an eyebrow. Bullheads fly down as Isaac and Roz cover Bazaar and Elsa as they move into the ships. As the groups are pulled back and guns from the final two cruisers fire down onto the Grimm, a stolen Manta flies overhead and the doors open. Onyx steps up a little and draws the sword.

Onyx: The legends of the Great War were only written by fools. Now, the time has come for proper documentation.

Onyx yells and draws the blade. He swings and a wave of purple energy descends down and moves through one of the cruisers. As the beam hits the ground, rocks shot up and slam through the ship. The ship is torn in two and slowly bends into itself. The troops on the ground, never the Grimm are pulled up. The Grimm slowly evaporate as the troops on the ground yell and scream as their bodies are destroyed.

Onyx swings the blade again as more troops and and ships are destroyed. Mason shakes a little as he watches.

Evie: We need to pull back.

Mason stays still. Evie pushes him to the side.

Evie: All units! Fall back! Fall back now!!

Ships begin to fly back towards Vacuo. Another slice from Onyx and more troops and escaping ships are destroyed. March, Lune and April jump onto a manta with members of CFVY and SSSN. They dart off as the last cruiser flies away and escapes the battlefield. As they run, Onyx's ship lands on a deck. He sheaths the blade and watches them all escape.

Bika: Lord Onyx, we should pursue.

Onyx: For now...we rebuild. We have an objective. Asses our losses under your forces. And where is Nikko?