chapter4:The shock

As Noah started talking, my eyes started widening in shock! Noah told me that there was this girl he has been talking to for two months now and that he really liked. He said that yesterday he confessed his love to her as they went on a date, and that she told him she loved him too, and they are now a couple. I congratulated Noah with complete shock and a broken heart, and I wanted to run away as far as possible from him, so I excused myself immediately and went home. The moment I got home, my tears began to fall like Niagara Falls, and I couldn't tell anyone. It was one of the hardest nights that passed in my teenage years. Now I understood everything; everything made sense, but what I couldn't figure out is why he gave me all those wrong signs when he didn't want to be with me?! Days went by, and Noah noticed me disappearing; maybe he knew about my feelings, but I didn't say a word. Until one day came, and Noah called me. He told me how much he missed his 'bestie' and that he thinks it's the perfect time to introduce me to his girlfriend, so with a broken heart, I agreed to meet up with them. The day came quickly, and I decided to dress casually. As I came into the restaurant, I noticed Noah sitting next to his girl, hugging her, whispering in her ear, and them laughing together. This scene broke my heart and made me ask, why her and not me? I entered the room and said "hello". Noah said, "Hey Rosie, how are you? I miss you so much. Veronica, this is Rosie!" Veronica said, "Hey Rosie, how are you?" I answered, "Hey guys, I'm fine, what about you?" I looked at Veronica and told her "I prefer Rosaline". She looked in shock and told me "okay, dear". We ordered, and the whole time I was feeling knives hitting my heart. Veronica looked so much like me, but shorter, and that made me wonder what was going on! I went home feeling disappointed, broken, and sad. I swear to God that I will never fall into this trap ever again, and that I will never talk to him again.

One of the hardest things in life is one-sided love; it's pure pain right in the vein. I learned an important lesson in my life: don't get yourself too attached unless you know that the feeling is mutual, or you will be hurt truly and deeply. Love is beautiful when mutual. Don't take signs as love unless it is said clearly!

After this shock, I worked on myself for a whole year, on my school and my grades, and I strengthened my friendships. I decided not to fall for anyone until that summer when a great twist twisted my events...
To be continued💕
Hope you like this part sorry for being late💕
Vote and give me your thoughts💕