~Hello, Goodbye~

~⚠️TW⚠️: Death in the family~

Rieka's Pov:

I sat on the wooden floor of the nursery, legs held tightly to my chest as I buried my face in my knees.

Why would this happen to her...?

Of all people in the family it was Mirabel~

How cruel must the world be to her?

I felt fresh tears peak the brim of my eyes, quickly wiping them away before anyone saw.

My mind kept flashing back to that day, the heartbroken look across her face as her door evaporated from the wall never to be seen again.

It felt like it was my fault, maybe if I didn't tell her that stupid story things would be different.

Abuela especially was just as upset as Mirabel, cursing like never before and becoming hysterical over maintaining the miracle. She even accused Mirabel of being a bad omen, a black sheep in the family to which her parents immediately came to her defense.

But that wasn't the only problem...

Tío Bruno hasn't been seen for days. He wasn't there for the gifting ceremony, which only caused more distress. Tía Pepa has been having thunderclouds nonstop, Tía Julieta and Tío Agustín stress tremendously over the well-being of their youngest daughter, and my father decided to cut our visit short as he rightfully thought the family would need their space.

But I didn't want to go back to the United States, I couldn't leave Mirabel like this. But what choice do I have? Staying here in Colombia would only make things worse.
Bruno is gone, the thought of never seeing him almost made me cry again.

What if he never comes back?

We're leaving today, all my stuff is packed and ready to go, but I'm not ready. I never wanted to stay so badly in my life.

"Rieka!" I heard the calls of my father, causing me to jump in surprise. I quickly wipe away my tears, running over to my luggage before he entered the room.

"Yes papa?" I answer

"It's time to go mi hija" he says somberly, knowing how bad I didn't want to leave.

I nod, grabbing my stuff and heading out the room for what I knew would be the last time in awhile.

~Goodbye Casita~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~5 years later~

"Rieka!"

"Yea dad!"

"Look what came in the mail!"

I rush downstairs into the kitchen, joining my father at the dinner table. In his hand he held an open envelope, a letter in the other.

"Read it" he says with a big grin, handing it to me.

I skim through the page then let out an excited gasp, jumping up and down with utter joy.