~Baby Antonio~

Rieka's Pov:

From then on until the next couple of months, I frequently began to visit Bruno. Thankfully, no one found out.

I knew Dolores had some knowledge of what the hell was going on, and after talking it out with her and confirming she was right, we both promised to take this to the grave if needed.

Don't even get me started on her teasing, because it was brutal.

Tía Pepa gave birth to a baby boy, she and Felix named him Antonio.

Everyone adored him, especially Mirabel, I had never seen her so happy.

During the nights, I took it upon myself to check on him for Tía Pepa and Tío Felix.

"Are you sure you can handle him Rieka?" She asked me with uncertainty

"I got this" I tell her," I did great with Mirabel, now go get some rest, you deserve it".

From then on, he was my little buddy in the night. I'd sing to him, tuck him in, and even patrol the house with him in my arms.

The nights I got to myself were spent with Bruno. He would ask me questions, from who the baby looked more like to what his favorite lullabies were.

One night, while he rested in my arms, I sparked an idea

I cradled the infant close to my chest, making my way through one of the secret entrances that lead to the walls.

I made my way to Bruno's room, knocking on the door waiting for the usual response.

"Come in" he calls from the other side, to which I obeyed.

His back was turned to me, hyper-fixated on something else to even see who I brought to him.

"Perfect timing Rieka" he says excitedly," your just in time for the new episode of our telenovelas".

"Bruno~" I chuckle, walking closer to him

"Hold on!" He says excitedly, sitting down on his armchair, " I even brought popcorn, tons of it-"

"Bruno"

"Yes?"

"Look at me"

He finally breaks away from his small stage set, first meeting my gaze then towards the bundled blanket in my arms.

"Rieka..." he breathes out," you...you didn't-"

I walk closer to him, placing the baby in his arms.

"Say hello to your new sobrino Bruno~" I smile while gently kissing his cheek, " Antonio Madrigal".

"He's....he's" he was at a complete loss for words," h-he's so beautiful".

I look up at him, lightly gasping in shock as I realized he was crying.

"Bruno"

I gently hold his face, wiping away the tears before cradling his head against my chest.

"I couldn't bare the thought of you never meeting him" I told him, rubbing circles on his back," I just thought... that maybe you could hold him just once before he gets too big"

I soothed the vulnerable man while he held Antonio, occasionally running my fingers through his curls.

"He looks just like felix~" he chuckles with a couple sniffles.

"I know" I smile, removing my arms to give him more space " hold him as long as you like, I'll be here when you're done".

He nods, gazing down at the now sleeping infant.

"Rieka you have no idea how much this means to me" he says, "Thank you so much for this".

"Of course"