~Telenovela Night~

~Rieka's Pov~

"Move your ass Camilo!"  I shove the boy harshly, trying to maneuver through with two full bowls of popcorn in my hands.

"Yes popcorn's here!" Luisa beams, taking a bowl.

"Dolores hand this to Tonito" I reach out just enough for her hands to grab the other bowl. "Alright, there aren't any rats under me so I
can sit now".

I sit between Isabella and Mirabel.

"Bruno we're ready!"

"Okay!" He pops his head through the small curtains, " do you guys like the red curtains, I'm thinking about switching them out for the purple since it might match the theme more-"

"Just start the play!" Mirabel calls out

"Okay okay" he retreats back inside, out of sight. "and...action!"

Bruno opens the small curtains, revealing two rats dressed up in little clothes.

"Holy shit did he make those himself~?" Isabella whispers in my ear.

"He definitely designed 'em, he might've asked your mom for help I can't remember~"

"A long long time ago"

I hide my smile with my palm

oh god not the voice

He raises the grey rat dressed in a dark purple cloak

"There lived a mortal man, gifted with impeccable power yet cursed with a cold view upon the word. He was able to outlive entire dynasties and cast unlimited spells, but saw human kind as a nuisance and a waste of space. His heart was as cold as ice, and his mind was driven with selfish desire to rule the world"

He brings out little cardboard cutout of people

"There were townspeople that lived near his dark lair on the top of the mountain, and they were so frightened of him they gave him the name 'el fantasma', because the closest thing a living person was able to see of him was the mere glimpse of his shadow"

"El fantasma~" I hear Antonio giggle

"One day, however, when winter was at its coldest. A brave young woman put her fears aside and decided to venture towards 'el fantasma's' lair and ask for his help"

He then lifts up a black rat wearing a simple brown dress

"Her name was Melodía, because her voice was so beautiful that it made every living thing around her beam with joy and happiness.  During the winters, when the townspeople were sad from the lack of food available and cold snow, she would sing to them until they were happy once again".

Bruno hangs little clouds at the top of the stage, pouring salt to make it look like it was snowing.

"But this winter was so horrible, that not even Melodía's song could bring them out from their despair. So, she decided that very night to venture to 'el fantasma's' lair with the hopes of him using his powers to fend off the cold snow within the town"