~They Don't Talk about Bruno~

Rieka's part is sort of like a reprise to We Don't Talk About Bruno, but in a much less upbeat and somber melody.

Rieka's Pov:

That song...

That stupid damn song

I tried my best to make them stop, I really did. But before I knew it the whole town was singing it from the heavens themselves.

All afternoon, my ears were flooded with 'we don't talk about Bruno'

The awful things they said, the way they blamed them for their fate.

Tía Pepa was the worst, I had never seen her like that.

The worst part, is that Bruno himself had to hear the cursed song.

This is why I'm here now, sneaking inside the walls to his hidden room to check on him. I gently knock on the door, letting out a sigh as I heard no answer.

"Bruno..." I call to him," I know you're in there, I won't come in I promise, I just want you to know that-"

The door suddenly opens, before I could even process anything his figure rushes through the doorway and latching himself onto me.

My instincts kick in, and I hug him back lovingly

I could hear him crying, his spirit broken down to dust. This poor man, throughout his life, never had one person that truly appreciated him and his gift.

"I-I didn't kill it~" he cries into the crook of my neck.

"What?" I question in confusion

"The goldfish~" he lightly sniffs," I-I didn't kill it I swear~"

"Brunito~" I felt myself lightly chuckle," Of course you didn't kill it, that lady was just an idiot and wanted to blame you for it".

"Say that again..." he mumbles, holding me tighter.

"What?" I ask," Brunito?"

He nods," it makes me feel better"

"It's okay Brunito~" I soothe him as I run my fingers through his curls," you are full of so much love and kindness, you're such a good man Brunito~ "

I stayed with him, never leaving his side until I knew he was okay. Nighttime approached, and when I left the hidden catacombs of the house I felt myself tear up as well.

The pain, the sorrow, all of it was too much to bare and I'm not even the one suffering such a crisis.

"🎶They don't talk about Bruno, no, no, no
They don't talk about Bruno
But-
He's just a tortured man
Who does the best he can
When helping the ones that he loves
A gift so sublime
That's now labeled a crime
Will he recover from this pain?🎶"

I walk up the stairs, heading towards my room.

"🎶Eyes deep green
A slender physique
Has never been seen
Yet makes my knees weak
He engulfs my dreams
With a smile so unique
They don't talk about Bruno, no, no, no
They don't talk about Bruno🎶"

On my way to my room, I see a couple rats following me. I lean down, letting them crawl on my shoulders before I carried them into my room.

"🎶They told me he caused a death
But I'm not deceived
They told me he had a curse
Do I look that naive?
They said he ruined Pepa's wedding
Yet it wasn't his fault
How much can my poor Brunito
take?🎶"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Mirabel!"

I look around, searching for the girl. Something hasn't been right, every since Antonio got his gift I've been get sensory spasms. My claws keep retracting without my control, suddenly in seconds I'm engulfed in patches of fur and a minute after I'm not.

Where is she?

It's almost time for Mariano's proposal to Isabella

"Mirabel!"  I go into the nursery, more like barged in really, finding the girl and Tío Agustín.

"Oh there you are~" I sigh with relief, "I thought something happened to you, come on we need to get ready for..."

I look behind them, eye wide in horror at what I saw on the dresser.

Pieces...

Glass pieces of Bruno's last vision before...

"R-Rieka..." She says with a nervous smile," I-I can explain"

"WHAT THE FU-!"

She slams a hand to my mouth, holding me still with her other hand.

"Shhhhh~!" She says before releasing me

I swear my mouth was touching the floor

"I broke into Bruno's tower!" She reveals, " I found his last vision, the family's in trouble, the magic is dying, the house is breaking, Luisa's gift is fading, I think it's because of...me?"

This is bad...

She'll find everything and the family with ostracize her

I WON'T let that happen

I look over at Tío Agustín with a shocked expression, hoping for him to tell me why the hell she would do such a thing.

But he looked just as shocked as me

"Listen you two" he says, huddling us together,
"We say nothing, Abuela wants tonight to be perfect, Mirabel did not break into Bruno's tower, the magic is not dying, the house is not breaking and Luisa's gift in not fading".

He takes the glass pieces of the vision stuffing them into his pants pockets before turning his attention back to us.

"Nobody will know~" he whispers," just act normal, no one has to know~"

We hear a familiar high pitched hum from outside, our gazes turning to see Dolores standing at the door of her room that was right across from us.

She was flabbergasted

"I know~" she whisper with regret, quickly dashing away.

"She's going to tell everyone" Mirabel says with certainty.

"We're dead" I add

"Miércoles~" Agustín sighs under his breath