Ask her yourself

Gojo dangles his car keys around his right pointer finger, his lips puckering out to whistle in the midst of the night. He tries to calm his sporadic thoughts about todays events. The talk with the two seniors eased his mind slightly. But Gojo is far from calm.

Gojo has more questions than answers now. But what's obvious is that the ones running the show is Mahito and Suguru's look alike. They were drawn to Sakuna's finger. But not every alias of theirs is aware of their plan.

Junpei only had his sights to kill Y/L/N. He was unaware of the finger she carried on her. This is proven by Nanami's observation. Jogo's intentions are distorted due to his blood hungry vengeance.

But what did these guys want with Sakuna's fingers?

Gojo stops his train of thought when he sees Nanami leaning against Gojo's driver door. The tall blonde man glares at his watch as if to curse it. Gojo raises a brow, confused to why Nanami is still here. "Yo!" Gojo calls out to Nanami, one hand raised up to say hello.

Nanami lowers his wrist, turning his attention torward to Gojo who jogs over. "Why are you still here? Car broke down or something?"

"No. I just have a question to ask you." Nanami's tone is a soft whisper. His eyes cast over to Gojo's car. Gojo takes the hint that Nanami wants to speak privately.

"Alright. Hop in. I'll take you home unless you want to have a sleepover at my place?" Gojo wears a playful smirk, unlocking his car for the two of them. Nanami shakes his head, declining Gojo's offer.

"Just drive around and drop me off by my car when the conversation is finished." Nanami curtly responds. He opens the passenger side door and makes himself comfortable. Gojo shrugs and seats himself in the drivers seat.

"Alrighty then..." Gojo murmurs, his lips puckering out. "You do know we're off the clock now, right? We don't have to discuss work on our free time. That's a bit like a workaholic."

Nanami remains silent. His eyes cast to the passenger window. Gojo takes his queue to be silent as he starts the car up. With no destination in mind, Gojo aimlessly drives. The quiet sound of the Tokyo Jujutsu High fades into the sounds of a bustling street of car honks and music from nearby stores.

"What's Y/L/N's relationship with Suguru?" Nanami cuts the silent conversation with his resolute voice. His eyes refrain from moving away from the window. Gojo looks bewildered from Nanami's question. Nanami slowly turns to look at Gojo's side profile. "You know something, don't you? Her response to seeing that fake Suguru is..."

"Can I ask why you're curious? Are you curious about her personal life or are you thinking about the mission?" Gojo pulls the car over to the side of the street. He gives Nanami his undivided attention.

Nanami grows mute when he stares at Gojo. He's unsure himself to why he's so curious about Y/L/N's relationship with Suguru. Maybe he's amazed to see her soft facial expression the moment the man embraced her. Nanami swears he's read the mans lips shape the words "fiancé".

Gojo waves a hand in front of Nanami, humming out. "Hello? Earth to Nanami?" Nanami snaps himself out of his thoughts, his teeth grinding against each other.

"I'm just afraid she'll let her emotions get the better of her when she rejoins us on the mission." Nanami easily comes up with a lie. Gojo doesn't seem to buy it though. A cocky smirk plastering on his face.

"Is it that hard for you to say you're worried about her? Or that you ca--"

"I don't care about her." Nanami coarsely states. His nose scrunches slightly and he heaves out an exhale. "I just don't want her to fuck this mission up for us with her feelings."