He's ready for life

"The two of you should get some sleep. The attack won't happen until later tonight around 6PM." Yaga finishes off his cup of coffee, setting the empty mug on the wooden coaster on his office desk. He adjusts the glasses on his nose bridge that slowly slip down his nose.

Gojo and Nanami have made themselves comfortable in Yaga's office the last hour since the date changed from 24 to 25. Neither of them make an attempt to get up and leave the office. Gojo exhales loudly, he stretches himself out on the sofa with his arms folding behind his head. "You don't mind if I sleep here, right? Thanks Yaga."

Yaga crinkles his nose, a sigh escaping his lips. He shakes his head and returns his eyes to his computer screen. Nanami silently sits in the armchair, his eyes glued to his watch. He must've made a concerning expression that causes Yaga to speak up again. "You should sleep Nanami. I'm sure Y/L/N is resting right now too. You'll need the energy to keep up with her."

Nanami snickers under his breath, his nostrils flaring slightly. "I'm sure I can keep up with her even with the lack of sleep." Gojo rolls over, hugging a pillow to his chest. He interjects in the conversation. "Listen to papa Yaga, Nanamin. We're not sure what we're up for tonight."

Nanami sighs, rolling his eyes. He stands up from his spot, casting his eyes over to Yaga. "I'll be sleeping in one of the beds in the clinic then. Give me a call if something comes up." Yaga nods his head and Nanami slips out of the office.

The hallway is eerily quiet asides the sounds of his shoes clicking against the floor. Nanami runs his fingers through his neatly parted blonde hair. Before he turns the corner to the clinic, Nanami walks outside to get some fresh air. A flurry of snow falls from the sky and the moon shines brightly. The day is finally here.

Christmas.

Nanami reaches for his holster behind his blazer, his fingertips brushing against the blade that rests there. Beside it is another weapon, a pistol. Nanami grabs holds of the pistol, raising it up towards the moon. Nanami's gotten his own gun license over the months since Y/L/N's disappearance. He's sure she has a few tricks up her sleeve, but so does he.

There's an excitement that runs through Nanami's veins at the thought of seeing Y/L/N again. He's ready to show her how much stronger he is. This time he'd be sure to send a few of his own bullets towards her before accepting her back in the team. Nanami flicks his eyes to the side, sensing someone's presence. "I thought you were sleeping in Yaga's office, Gojo?"

Gojo snickers, he floats over to Nanami, gently landing beside him. "I didn't want to be left alone with him. What are you doing out here anyway? Didn't you say you were heading to the clinic?" Gojo stares at the pistol in Nanami's hand, pointing at it. "Are you using the pistol during the fight? You know Y/L/N is a much better gunner than you are."

Nanami scoffs. He slips the pistol back in the holster behind him. "Of course I know that. But I'd like to show her that she's not the only gunner around here. She owes me a few free shots anyway."

"Are you still holding a grudge? She purposely missed your vital spots when she shot you." Gojo grumbles out. He follows Nanami who walks back inside. Nanami huffs under his breath, acting a bit childish which is not the norm for him.

"How about you purposely get shot by Y/L/N multiple times and tell me how you feel afterwards." Nanami curtly says before dropping the conversation. A cold draft tingles his skin when he enters the warmth of the building. Gojo shakes his head to the idea, crossing his arms. A comfortable silence spreads between the two as they make their way to an empty room with beds.

Gojo quickly plops himself down on one while Nanami slowly sits on the edge of another. He removes his shoes and blazer before laying down. Nanami keeps his weapons close, laying them under his pillow incase of a surprise attack. He then pulls the blanket over him and readjusts himself into a comfortable position. Gojo turns to look at Nanami that lays across from him.

"Are you nervous at all Nanami?"

Nanami slowly turns to look at Gojo, a blank expression on his face. "Not at all. If anything, I'm excited." Nanami casts his eyes up to the ceiling. "We should work hard to end everything tonight. We're seven months into this mission already. I'd like a vacation when we wrap this one up."

Gojo perks up at the sound of a vacation. He props up one elbow on the bed, resting his cheek in his palm. "Ooooo. Where are we going?"

Nanami scoffs, his eyebrows raised. "We?" Nanami turns to look at Gojo who smiles from ear to ear. He sighs and shrugs. "I guess you can come along too."

Gojo squeals in excitement. He lays back down again, his lips loosely sputtering out ideas of vacation locations. Nanami tunes Gojo out, he focuses on his inner thoughts. Nanami is not one to pray but he's definitely doing that today. He prays things will go smoothly.

He prays to not lose anyone close to him in todays fight. He prays to stay alive. There's so much he has yet to do because of work. That being said, the first thing after this mission is a much needed vacation. Nanami will be on an indefinite hiatus from Jujutsu Sorcerer missions after tonight.

He's only getting older, not younger. Nanami is ready to enjoy life. To make memories with friends. To eat whatever he wants. To dress differently. To break out of his usual routine in life.

Nanami would also like to experience the feelings of falling in love. No matter how much it hurts or how euphoric the feeling is. Nanami wants nothing more than to feel alive. To feel like a human again. A feeling he's long forgotten from the bloodshed he's witnessed from his career.