Taking risks

"Don't fucking touch me." Junpei yells out at you. You pinch the bridge of your nose, annoyed at the boy for his attitude. But you have to understand that he's confused with the way things changed. One moment you're his enemy and now you're his "ally."

Kenjaku carried Shigemo elsewhere to be patched up by another cursed spirit that you've yet to meet. You insisted to care for Junpei after all the shit you've put the boy through. But you have your work cut out for you with his emotional distress. However, you couldn't let his tantrum sway you. Junpei is the key reason you've offered to join Kenjaku's side.

The exchange may be risky but you believed in your decisions.

*・゜゚・*:.。..。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

Hours before on the rooftop.

You're lost in your thoughts when Kenjaku quietly leaves you alone. He gives you space to think things over. You keep your eyes on the mans back who stares out at the city below him. From your understanding so far, Kenjaku made a home in Suguru's body.

You can only assume he may be the one to call the shots asides from Mahito. You're unsure if the two have the same desire about ending humanity. But it doesn't sound too farfetched that they both have the same view. Why else would they work together?

Mahito is someone you've yet to meet other than your first encounter that lasted a few seconds. You don't have a good sense of judgement of the guy. But from the information Gojo's gathered, this Mahito person has similar powers to Sugu-- Kenjaku. You rub your temples, frustrated with the amount of information you're now aware of.

You just know that their plans must be stopped before humanity takes a turn for the worse. The only way to do so is to kill the allies within the villains group. And the only way for you to do so is to infiltrate. But you couldn't do this alone. There's no way in hell you could pull it off.

Changing Kenjaku's mind is hopeless. The man is ancient. Over 100 years in fact. His mind is set and they won't be changed just because he fancies you. You're sure he's not a complete idiot in believing you'll join him without an ulterior motive.

Your choices here are apparent. You either join Kenjaku and hope to end their plans with the help of someone in their cause. Or continue to run from them, hoping to scrape by finding information on their plans. Which has led the team no where but scrapes and bruises. Along with several deaths of the innocent.

Junpei.

The boys name rings out in your mind. There's still a silver lining if you're able to get Junpei on your side. It will be a lot of work to get him to be on your side with the shit the two of you gone through. But you believe there's still a chance to save the kid from this evil path. You mentally scoff at your idea.

You're unable to play the support character for long without thinking like a hero. You aren't fit to be a background character anyway. It's too late for that and life seems to make it hard for you to blend in with the crowd. You stare at the bracelet around your wrist, praying to not lose it. This will be your only way to contact Yaga with your location.

You only hope that your team or Yaga himself will see through the lies you're about to pull. It's only been less than a day since you've reunited with Nanami and Gojo. Now you're going to be gone for who knows how long. Anxiety litters your bones when you think of the huge betrayal stunt you're about to pull. Their trust in you will be broken.

Possibly unamendable after this too. But you shake the thought away. This will be easier for you and Nanami. He'll truly hate you this time and you'll willingly die by his hands. All the shit you put him through won't compare to this plan you've formed.