To love again

The sound of the seaside meets your ears. You feel the warm sand between your toes with each step as you dangle your sandals in your left hand. The sunset glow is a beautiful sight to see. A gentle breeze ruffles your hair over your shoulder. You share a silent conversation with Nanami.

The two of you were left alone the moment Gojo fancied him a local girl. You didn't expect him to hook up with a girl on the first day here. Especially when the trip was for the three of you to spend together. But you couldn't be upset at Gojo. The point of the vacation is to relax. Everyone's definition of relaxing is different.

You can't imagine yourself relaxing the way Gojo is currently. You shake your head, a tiny smile on your face followed by a giggle when you think about Gojo's antics. "What's so funny?" Nanami speaks up when he catches sight of you giggling. You shrug, casting your eyes to the right.

Your eyes rest on Nanami's face, the sunset glow casting a shadow on him. "Just thinking about Satoru and his flirty behavior. He's going to get hurt one day if he messes with the wrong girl." Nanami nods to your words. He turns his attention down towards the sand beneath of him.

You notice Nanami coming to a slow stop. The sound of the waves crashes next to him and you match his pace. "Something on your mind Kento?" You look up at the tall blonde man, his hair completely messy from the long day in the humid weather. It's rare for you to not see his hair so neatly done.

You reach in your shorts pocket, taking your phone out to snap a photo for memory. Nanami scrunches his nose innocently when he catches you doing so. He gulps and finds his voice to answer your question. "I'm...just unsure how to act around you."

Your brows raise in bewilderment. "What do you mean? Just treat me like how you usually do." You slide your phone back into your pocket. You watch Nanami's forehead crease and his lips purse together. His eyes fall back down to the sand. He stares at the sand as if it'll reveal the answer he needs.

"That's easier said than done, Y/N. I can't see myself being angry at you or causing petty arguments like before. My view on you have changed." Nanami bites down on his tongue, his voice cracking on him. You notice his hands ball up into tight fists before he shoves them in his short pockets.

Nanami forces his eyes closed, his shoulders droop and his hair falls forward on his face. "I'd like to tell you how I'm feeling. The thoughts that flutter into my mind. Everything. But it would be selfish of me to. I would be putting you in a difficult spot. Especially when you're still healing your own heart."

You hold in your breath when you listen to Nanami's fragile voice. His scrunched up face with the beautiful backdrop of the sunset easily erases whatever is on your mind. The words he speak of are serious and heavy to Nanami. While you are focused on finding happiness and moving on, Nanami held back on his own emotions for you. Something about that thought gives you sadness.

Nanami's inhaled breath is staggered. He clenches his teeth and clears his throat. Y/N's been silent since his statement. Did he make things awkward? Maybe he shouldn't have said anything at all.

"Sometimes it's okay to be selfish once in awhile Kento. Love has a tendency to do that." Y/N whispers beside him. Nanami startles when he feels her hand ruffle his hair. His eyes snap open, narrowing onto her. Nanami's breath hitches when he's met with sincere gentle eyes.

When Nanami's eyes soften, your lips curl into a smile. "Can you show me how to love again, Kento? I'd love to see your cute expressions, hear your sweet words, and see you stumble over this euphoric feeling." His soft eyes slowly widen, his lips parting.

"A-Are you..." Nanami's voice trails off, his thought slipping away from him. Y/N snickers, her hand continuing to stroke his hair. "You're not making fun of me right now are you? If you are, I'm kicking your ass Y/N."