18

Jeno sits in a booth with worn down, leathery seats and a wooden table that looks as if it would give you a hundred splinters if you tried to do so much as touch it. He traces his index finger around the rim of a glass he has set on the table in front of him. It remains untouched without a single drop of the brown liquid having passed Jeno's lips. He didn't intend to drink it. It was nothing more than a means to blend in as his eyes scan the room, analyzing every patron inside the bar.

One man in particular catches his eye. He sits on a barstool in a slouched position with his forearms resting on the bar top and his hands clasped together. He has blond hair that has clearly been bleached to a soft yellow color. Their gazes meet briefly before the man's eyes hastily shift away from Jeno. Still, only seconds later, they seem to find their way back to him.

That's the one.

Jeno flashes him a charming smirk, once again causing the man to hastily divert his attention to the bartender. He appears to flag the woman down with a wave and says something to her. She grabs two small shot glasses and a bottle of vodka, filling both up in front of the man before earning a nod and a faint smile from him. He immediately picks one up and tilts his head back to drink it. His eyes land once more on Jeno before opting to drink the second as well.

Jeno holds back a wicked chuckle as the man abruptly stands from his seat and makes his way over.

"Mind if I join you?" he asks with a surprisingly deep voice that catches Jeno slightly off guard.

"Not at all. I was actually hoping for some company, tonight," Jeno remarks with a pleasant grin.

The man scoots into the booth and settles in across from him. It's then that Jeno notices the man has pretty freckles that grace his already beautiful face.

"What's your name?" Jeno inquires as he taps gently on his glass.

"Felix. Yours?" the man answers promptly.

He's interested. Sweet talk him.

"What an interesting name. Felix. I like that. It's very fitting for a man as handsome as you," he hums as he feels as if small needles are being jabbed into his brain, "I'm Jeno. Pleasure to meet you."

Felix smiles at the compliments. He lowers his gaze and shakes his head a bit.

"Thanks. It's nice to meet you, too," he responds as Jeno tilts his head ever so slightly to the side and examines his behavior, "I uh...I don't usually like to come up to people like this, but you seem...very approachable."

Jeno's chuckles a bit as he continues to smile at Felix.

"Do I?" he asks rather coyly, "Weird. I always assumed I had the opposite affect on people."

"No, there's something in your smile. It feels very...welcoming," Felix explains as he looks deeply into Jeno's eyes, "It looks like the sort of smile an angel would have."

Jeno has to withhold the urge to cackle at the man's comment. Not only was it a terrible line, but the irony of it all makes him all the more amused.

"That's definitely something I've never heard before," he speaks in a very lighthearted manner as his grin widens, "I'm so glad you see me that way."

The pain gets a slight bit worse, and finds himself suddenly extending his arm out, placing his hand on top of Felix's. As the man looks down at them, Jeno hastily utters a quick incantation under his breath, his eyes glowing red before fading out the second the words have all left his mouth.

Felix looks up at Jeno once more, his eyes now dawning a half lidded gaze as his irises faintly glow with a soft red hue. It fades in a similar fashion as Jeno's eyes had, but the spell he placed on the man remains. He was Jeno's now.