▷ 4. A NEW MEMBER OF THE DENEL'S

It was a new day and a new beginning. As she packed her things, Remi entered her new apartment for the first time. From now on, she will live in a big apartment in a small building with only a few surrounding ones.

She was more than excited (it's Remi, after all) because the defectologist is now her new mother. The two have known each other since the beginning of Remi's schooling, and Marisa has helped her with so much. The adoption process was, of course, complicated because Marisa did not have a typical family, but due to her influence on Remi's mental health, she was given an advantage and permission. 

She was bursting with excitement as well. In fact, she always wanted to have a child, but it never came true until this day.

Entering the apartment, Remi immediately ran to look around.

"Anyway, Remi, do you want to see your new room?" Marisa asked her

"Oh, yes, yes!" Remi jumped out of excitement.

Marisa directed her.

As soon as she had taken one step into her new room, she immediately noticed a beanbag. That was it. This was the best room ever. She was going to spend so many nights on that thing. The other furniture was present as well, but Remi now only cared about the beanbag. All hail the beanbag!

"Oh my gosh, I love it!" she screamed in amazement.

"Great!" Marisa got excited too. "And don't worry, you can be as messy as you want. This is your personal messy corner, but make sure the rest of the apartment is somewhat in order. Is that fine by you?"

"Sure, can I call you mom?"

"Of course! It will be weird at first, but I'll get used to it. Anyway, let's look around, and I'll explain the rest."

"Okee doke!"

Marisa showed her where each room was, and she even drew a map of the apartment (yes, Remi needed a map). But there was also one warning that needed to be addressed.

"Listen, Remi, I have to mention," Marisa continued. "There is one room you're not allowed to enter."

"Oooh, which one?" Remi's eyes opened wide.

For her, what was forbidden was usually the sweetest.

"Kira's office." Marisa pointed to the room across the door. "She doesn't want you to go in there. It's practically a room where she spends most of her time when she's at home."

"That means most days?" Remi assumed.

"Yes, but sometimes she does her other jobs ..."

"What?"

"Oh, her other jobs. She doesn't only work as a teacher."

"Wow, I didn't know that."

This only made Remi more curious, so she knew it was time to start asking a bunch of questions.