▷ 5. A SMALL REVERSAL

"Hi, I'm Remi!" she squeaked, standing in front of a new neighbor her age at her door.

"Oh, hello, nice to meet you," said the neighbor politely.

"I moved in yesterday, he he. I hope I'm not that loud."

"You aren't, don't worry," she lied, even though she had heard some noises from the next apartment yesterday.

"Not to lengthen, although I looove to lengthen, I brought a gift for my move-in, this cake." Remi handed the neighbor a cake that she probably grabbed from the kitchen this morning.

"Ha ha, all right, but shouldn't I give you a gift since you just moved in?"

"Oh, I didn't know that. I thought that as a newbie I had to get a present. Ha ha, I'm just so silly." She clapped her hands in a childish way. "Anyway, are you the perfect kid?"

A shocked expression appeared on the girl's face as her jaw dropped. "O-of course not, no one is perfect."

"But my new mom said you and your family are so perfect at everything that you get on her nerves sometimes."

"E-excuse me?"

"Oh, sorry, ha ha! It slipped."

"Well, I should get going ..." It could be seen that the neighbor got offended.

"Okee doke. See you maybe in passing, he he."

"Yes, yes," she said while not very interested and closed the door.

"Ugh, I shouldn't have said that. Eh, it happens," Remi concluded, not taking it seriously.

Meanwhile, Imber was in her room, sitting on the bed and thinking about something

Meanwhile, Imber was in her room, sitting on the bed and thinking about something. Kirstin was still getting on her nerves, but it seemed she wouldn't be able to get rid of her that easily. Just then, someone called her.

It was her friend Even. She was her frequent teammate when it came to sports, and that's how they started hanging out, being the only two girls on a football team, that is.

Even, a tall and flat girl with dark-brown skin was known for her dyed neon green hair arranged in a wild mohawk and her obsession with space. Also, rumors circulated the boots she wore were very expensive, but nothing was certain.