▷ 8. MEMORIES

The class returned to school after one day. Class teacher Kira Denel sure had a lot to comment.

"So, in short, our little secret is safe, and you were fine on this trip. Congratulations to Anya for not messing with the local guys and congratulations to Oscar for being a tad less strenuous than usual."

The class laughed at that, but still in a way that it was a compliment for Oscar. Any attention could make Oscar get an adrenaline boost, that's just how he was.

Kirstin found out about Imber's and Remi's relationship and it made her laugh. She didn't expect the story to go that way either. Camilla also found out and even quickly realized how a non-romantic relationship works.

In the afternoon, Camilla invited Remi to hang out. She wanted to hear the whole story that took place at the camp. Remi told her everything briefly along the way while bouncing around as they walked through a street next to the school area.

"So that's basically the story," concluded Camilla.

Remi agreed, "Yes, and it all happened so fast! And of course, it is important that Imber is happy."

"A-are you happy?"

"I'm bursting out of happiness, buddy!" Remi squeaked and petted Camilla on the back.

"Ha ha, of course. So, like ..." Camilla noticed something on Remi's chest as she was wearing a T-shirt on one sleeve." What's that over there?"

"Hm, where?" she asked curiously.

Camilla's eyes were focused in the direction of Remi's chest area. "There, I don't want to point fingers."

"Oh, that's my tattoo. You can't see the whole thing."

"Do you have any more tattoos?"

"No, just these lightning bolts on my face and this one here."

"Oh, I didn't notice it before. What does it even represent?"

"I'd show you, but it goes into my private zone a little bit, so I can't. Or wait ... I don't care about privacy, let me just ..."

"No, no, it's fine this way." Camilla shook her hands while smiling awkwardly. "Oh, but wait, didn't you think about that when you decided to get it? You know, the placement for it."

"No, I was in seventh grade of middle school and on the edge, he he. Also, I got it illegally."

"Oh ..."

"But no worries! So, it's a cute skull tattoo that has three ponytails, just like me. She cries on the left and laughs on the right. It was a symbol for my disorder, dunno why I thought that was a good idea."

Camilla's expression sank. "Oof ... I'm really sorry I asked..."

"Hey, buddy, no problem, seventh grade was a dark time, but I'm fine now." She proudly raised her hands like a cartoon character.

"I can't even imagine what it was like for you then."

"Um, you know what, Chamomile?" Remi hopped closer to her. "I trust you. Do you want to hear the story?"

"W-why do you trust me so much?"

"Because you remind me of the young me, before my dark times. Aaand you seem like a person I can trust."

"Oh, thank you." Camilla smiled lightly in delight.

"So, where do we start?" Aha! Let's start with that day when I had a small, okay, big incident."