•Chapter 5• Fugitive

3rd Person POV

Early in the morning, not long after Percy's awakening in Artemis's tent, Hermes and Ares were sent down to retrieve Perseus from his cell only to find unlocked shackles.
"What! How could've the punk escaped?!" Ares roared. Hermes on the other hand, sighed in relief, thinking of the task Zeus had given him to get Percy from his cell seemed like a big middle finger towards the messenger god.
Ares yelled in frustration and flashed back to the throne room/execution room to alert his father and the other god's of the fugitive's escape. Hermes stayed behind to marvel at the sight he'd hope to see yet he never thought were to happen before flashing along with the pissed off war god. When he arrived, he made it in time to hear Zeus's reaction to the bump in his plans.
"WHAT?! He was chained in celestial bronze! In an Olympian made cell! How could he escape! He isn't Houdini!" Zeus thundered. Hermes found himself thinking back fondly to the memory of his escape artist son who he was quite proud of. He was a good kid, and a great Hermes kid. Once he heard the news of his sons escape, Poseidon sighed in immense relief. He was glad he didn't have to call upon the Altantian Army to free his son. That would mean a civil war and the god of the seas was quite done with wars.
"Send bounties! Assign quests! Do whatever it takes to find that MONSTER! I want him DEAD!" Zeus roared.
"You dare talk to him that way!? He has saved your sorry ass twice in two wars you could've never handled!!!" Poseidon's anger was like a typhoon formed to words.
"Quiet brother! The council decided and that is final!"
"The council? The council?! YOU decided! You're a tyrant Zeus! A tyrant!"
"Is that a threat brother?!"
Poseidon and Zeus summoned their weapons and almost began duking it out had it not been for Hestia calming them down.
"Father, if I may. I suggest the Hunters go to Camp Half-Blood if the demigods are to go on quests. Hunters and Campers combined will increase the speed and chances of finding the escapee." Athena said with pride and a smug grin. She wanted Perseus's head on a steak for faking a relationship with her daughter. Her daughter might not see it but she does. She wasn't the goddess of 'wisdom' for nothing.
"Good idea. Daughter, get you and your hunters to CHB as soon as possible and let the camp know of these plans. Have Camp Jupiter and Camp Half-Blood plant posters of Perseus's fugitive status. This is officially a man-hunt." Zeus strictly ordered. Artemis nodded and flashed out with her orders from the king of the gods while gulping in worry.
She had a fugitive in her custody.
Now, she was an accomplice to the 'criminal' and she and Percy were in for a lot of trouble.

End of chapter? Check! Updating tomorrow/very soon? Double check!