•Chapter 21• Bleeding

3rd Person POV

Never in her immortal life was Artemis more grateful of her wolves then when they had reported the smell of blood, human blood, in the celestial bronze trapped zone.

Why Percy was even out there, she didn't know, but she did know that he was bleeding. Bleeding really bad, enough for the wolves at camp to smell it.

Never in her immortal life had Artemis ran as fast as she did. She began to smell the blood as she approached and could her his hoarse screams. Traps went off as she ran, but were to slow to catch the speeding goddess. Her wolves began to loose slight of her, but followed her smell as she approached the scene.

When she arrived, it was worse than she thought.

He was barley moving. His crimson blood flowed like water and pooled around his leg. The trap itself started to look red and his uniform pant leg was a lost cause.

"Don't worry Percy! It's going to be ok! I'll get you out of this! I promise!" She pleaded.

The boy's eyes began to close and his pulse was weak. Using her godly strength, she opened the trap and even broke the close mechanism to the point were the trap didn't work. She hated that trap and would probably have it melted down into some weapon for the half-bloods after this. She unzipped her jacket and wrapped it around the rapidly bleeding wound.

Never in her immortal life has she ever taken off a single garment of clothing in front of a male. Not even an elastic band.

She held him close in her arms despite the blood stains and flashed them both into the center of the hunter's camp.

"Medics! Girls!" Artemis yelled hysterically. "Someone help!"

Many rushed to the goddess see what was happening, only to be greeted by the dying male in her arms. Many smiled inwardly, knowing full well that he could die from the wound.

Thalia and Lily thought otherwise.

They both ran towards Artemis after seeing Percy's condition and assisted Artemis in carrying him to the medical tent. Supplies were limited and proper medicine was not present. All they and at the moment was lots of bandages and some stitches along with ambrosia and nectar.

"Phoebe! I need your help!" Artemis hollered. Said hunter arrived moments later with a conflicted face. She didn't want to help the boy in any way, shape, or form. Plus, he was dying because of her assassination plan.

"B-but, Milady I—" Phoebe stuttered, trying to find the right words.

"Now!" Artemis ordered.

Phoebe nodded sheepishly and began to work to stop the bleeding while force feeding Percy Ambrosia and nectar to his limit before combustion.

Thalia was crying next to the bed and Lily was no better. The guy who saved her life was dying, and she couldn't save him. Lennox was no better as Artemis used much of her will power to not only force herself not to cry, but to keep Lennox at bay. The rest of the hunt was outside of the tent, taking bets on how long he would live for, none considering why Artemis was so concerned for this one male.

*************

—30 minutes later—

Never in her immortal life had Artemis been so relieved. Phoebe and her had successfully stopped the bleeding and the ambrosia and nectar were doing their jobs. However, Phoebe had warned Artemis not to keep her hopes up since he might still be unstable.

Currently, Percy was stuck in a sort of coma and his breathing was slow and hoarse. His entire right leg was wrapped in layers and layers of previously white bandages and the bed's white sheets were done for.

Artemis quietly sat next to him holding his hand and watching for any abnormalities in his breathing. She had been waiting for this person to come into her life for a millennia now and he was dying while under her care.
'No.' She thought. 'He's not dying. He will not die. Not as long as I'm here.'

So, she sat. Hunters came in often, wondering when she would leave. Phoebe was waiting for her to leave so she could finish the job, but Artemis was reluctant in leaving the tent. Her hand began to become tired from holding Percy's hand for so long, but she stayed. Besides, if she tried to leave, Lennox would forcibly come out and walk right back to his side. It's not like she would leave anyway.

*************

Percy POV

Now, I have had weird dreams before. There was a time when I was six when I was the commander of an army of blue cookies that were armed with rubber fish, and another time when I was 9 when I dreamt that I was the bass player at a hoe-down in Texas in a barn full of square dancing kangaroos with cowboy hats, but this dream topped it.

I was floating in this void thing that smell oddly of lavender and was slowing spinning. I could hear whispers of past events all around me. They varied from school lectures to the awards ceremony after the battle of Manhattan, to the sound of Chiron's bad music.

The whispers kept getting louder, and louder, and louder. I couldn't hear myself think. I closed my eyes and tried to block them out but nothing worked.

Louder, and louder.

"Perseus."

Louder, and louder.

"PERSEUS!"

....

The whispers stopped.

In front of me was a watery reflection of the 3 Fates (who were now not groundhogs) with varying expressions of softness, to a cold stare.
"You are dying Perseus." The first Fate announced as the 3rd Fate held out a dark green string.
"The longer we speak, the more blood you lose." The 2nd Fate said.
"You will not survive this." The 3rd Fate finished with the blunt statement leaving me in shock.
I have to survive this! What about Artemis? Lily? Camp? I can't die here! What about mom? What about—
"As a mortal." The 3 Fates spoke together this time and looked at me in the eyes.
"If you were to become immortal, then the necessary amount of Ambrosia and Nectar wouldn't kill you." Clotho added.
"You mean.."
"Yes Perseus Jackson. We offer you Godhood." The Fates answered together once more.
"This time, we feel there will be different feelings on the choice, since now...you have a chance with her." Clotho said with a smile, which was strange.

It was true, I didn't accepted last time not only to be with fallen friends, but because I would be stuck with her for eternity without any chance of admitting my feelings without dying. But now...now I had a chance.

The Fates extended their arms towards me, and I reached out slowing, still unsure.

What about everyone else? I...I can't leave them. Mom would want me to be happy right? What if it doesn't work out?!

"We sense your distress Jackson. And we can hint you a future with desirable results." Atropos said with a blank face.

That's all I needed to hear.

I reached out to grab their hands, but when I was about to grab on, a ripple of water waved in front of me and distorted my view of them. After a bit, they were gone...

Was this all a dream? Was this my punishment by Zeus? Did I do something wrong?

Before I got an answer, the water-like wall in front of me started gaining a golden color, starting and spreading from where I had touched. When it stopped, the water began to wrap around me and I began to black out. Last thing Fates said to me was an ominous welcome saying 'welcome to godhood Perseus'.

The world...void thing went black.

Sorry for the wait! Next chapter in progress!