•Chapter 1• Favor from Sally

3rd Person POV

The news was hard for the mother of one.

Sally had heard the headlines of the Greek world, that the great Percy Jackson had died. First Paul and now him. She knew one of these days, he would go on a journey he wouldn't return from, it was just hard to imagine that the time had come.

A tray of blue cookies sat cold on the table, across from the mother and across the seat where Percy would sit. The room itself was cold. The woman had punished herself for being a 'bad mother' by turning off the heat in the middle of the winter. Her winter coat sat unused on the coat rack as the depressed Sally sat in pajamas shivering and sobbing for the loss of it all.

Many laws were going to be passed soon and it seemed that many weren't passed diplomatically. None of them were told to the public yet, but she was sure that one would be not to mention her son. Of course, that wouldn't stop her.

Hours passed by in seemingly minutes. Some of her tears had partially frozen by now and frost formed on windows like spider webs. Sally was beginning to fall asleep as exhaustion took over her mind, though a knocking sound kept her awake. She was dizzy, and tired. She couldn't tell if the knocking was real or not and ignored it until it started hurting her head.

Stumbling towards to the door, Sally grumbled about annoying delivery people and opened the front entrance. No one was seen in the entrance and no one was seen in the hallway, so Sally started leaving before hearing a soft sneeze.

Looking down, there was a neatly woven cradle with a small bundle laying within. On the handle, which was attached to the cradle, was a note covered in splotches of clear liquid, most likely tears.

Dearest Sally,

It's my fault. Hate me all you want and I will take it, but please don't put that hatred towards my daughter. Percy had died trying to save her and it is my duty now to make sure she lives the best life. The Greek world will destroy her, meaning I must keep her away from it for as long as possible, meaning I can't raise her. You have been through so much and I don't deserve your kindness, but I ask you please raise your granddaughter. You raised Percy so I have full hope that Zoë will turn out just as amazing. I will provide help and money whenever needed. Please help me.

With Great Sincerity,

Artemis

Sally couldn't believe it. Her granddaughter laid before her in the bundle. Before her laid all she had left in her life. She had no Percy and no Paul, but she did have her Grandbaby and this time, she planned to keep it that way.

Quickly grabbing the child, Sally rushed inside to prep everything for the child by first cranking the heat to the best setting. She originally planned to keep Percy's room the same, but plans had changed as well as her priorities. A makeshift crib was quickly crafted and milk was heated for the child. Sally sat on the still cold couch with the baby wrapped in winter clothes and an old fish onesie that Percy used to wear as a baby.

As the baby ate, Sally took the time to admire her Granddaughter. She looked a lot like her father and held the same glee within her eyes as father. The small child had silver eyes, which Sally thought was cool, and a small tuff of black hair. If Sally didn't know any better, she'd say her baby was in her arms. The thought brought tears to her eyes at the mere mention.

After a couple minutes, the baby finished drinking and burped before passing out in Sally's arms. One thing was for sure and that thing was she WASN'T remarrying. Percy's childhood could have been much better without Gabe, yet she cursed her baby with him for his young life time. That meant she'd need to be ready for constant monster attacks when she got older. The thought made her shiver in fear of what might happen. Possibilities ran through her head like machine gun fire and wasn't stopped until her nose was grabbed by the now awake baby who looked at her confused.

"Oh baby," Sally cooed. "You are all I have left, and you are still so small. Trust me, your life will be the best you could've ever wished for. You'll see."

*************

Meanwhile in the Underworld

Hade's office was dark, gloomy, and messy with old papers and energy drinks, making the important god's work room, which had a window overlooking the underworld, look like a gaming den. While thrilled that his wife had returned to him, he loathed the fact that his favorite demigod—err...god, was dead and he had been "advised" by Zeus to remain in the Underworld with his work. The man himself sat on his desk pressing away on his typewriter with only a few candles as light which were almost depleted.

Cerberus, the hound of Hell, sat in the dark watching his master with curious eyes. The 3-headed guard was supposed to be guarding the gates, but Hades had told him that Charon was enough and to keep him company. Like always, the dog obliged.  

"Damn these mortals and their complaints." Grumbled the Lord of the Dead. "How was I supposed to know that flowers are supposed to have smell? Elysium is just fine!"

"Maybe this is more of MY expertise."

A feminine shape sad in the bright doorway with their right hand on the door frame. As she stepped forward, Hades's adjusting eyes could make out the woman who wore a black dress and was adorned in rare jewels that he knew she liked and a black spiked crown sat atop her head.

"You think you can handle these mortals, love?" Hades grinned.
"Pumpkin, I can handle anything." Persephone laughed. "Besides, I think someone needs to go to Best Buy and leave the late 1800s. I think he would like a computer a lot better."
"You think so?" Hades laughed. "I'm pretty sure a typewriter is all he needs."

Persephone was now hugging his side, missing the feeling of her husband. Cerberus sat with all of his heads at Persephone's feet, waiting for his turn of cuddles from the spring goddess.
"Ahem! Wife needs love back from her husband!" Persephone teased. Hades sprang from his chair to appease his wife and grabbed her waist, spinning her around and sitting down next to Cerberus, who happily nuzzled the goddess. "Oh, who's my good boy?! Yes, you are! How many treats has Hades given you? I'm sure not too many!"

"Hey! It's because of me that Cerberus doesn't have a Buddha belly anymore! You spoil this hound rotten!" Hades poked. Persephone fake-pouted, only to receive a tackle from Hades who made childish gobbling sounds, exciting giggles from the Queen.

"Ahem, e-excuse me your majesties...but I have something important." The two lovers looked to see the awkward Thanatos standing alone in the doorway with a scroll in his hands. He wore a neat suit and had his hair done. His wings fluttered nervously and his right foot tapped softly against the wooden floors of the office.

Hades and Persephone quickly stood and dusted themselves off with Cerberus doing the same. When finished, Hades fixed his tie and walked over to the uncomfortable death god who handed him the paper. "N-now, I have some mortals to fetch, so—ya." The god then left in the flash.

Hades unrolled the paper with his shorter wife peeking barley over his shoulder. Hades eyes widened.

"So...what is it?" Persephone called. Hades then read aloud.

"Zoë Lukas Jackson (ZLJ). Current age: 4 hours and 17 minutes. Daughter of the goddess Artemis and now deceased Percy Jackson. Birthplace and whereabouts are currently unknown......oh my Chaos she kept the kid. She didn't kill little Persassy..."

"You mean Percy?" Persephone questioned.
"N-never mind. The point is that Artemis never killed her kid which means—"
"Zeus is gonna be pissed with a capital P."
"Exactly."

Hades walked to his desk and pulled out a large black ribbon with a golden button with the sigil of Hades on it. The god of the dead discarded the small red elastic band that kept the paper rolled and replaced it with the new black ribbon. The god then walked to a shelf of scrolls before placing it next to a few other ones that varied in sizes.

"Let's keep an eye on you little one, and let's make sure you stay alive. I don't want to see your little face down hear ever."

Sorry for the wait! I had tests and I was pretty gassed after studying soooo ya. Hope you enjoyed and let's see if chapter 2 can be released any quicker! Bye!