•Chapter 7• Arrow of Chaos

Percy POV

I've been following these hunters for ages and not a single stop! These hooves get tired ya know! Another thing! These huge ass antlers keep getting caught on things! It almost got me caught once!
We have been traveling from state-to-state for a day now and I've seen at least 4 male hikers get their balls chopped off. Even as a deer it made my whole body flinch. I've ran into a couple other animals to. There was the group of deer that kinda looked at me like I was the most bazar thing ever, a bear that ran away when it saw me, and a skunk that look disappointed it couldn't stink me.....she's not getting away with this, I'll find a way to make the score even.
You can't stop loving her though.
Ha...I know.

*************

(A day later, Camp Half-Blood)
3rd Person POV

The campers were still tense. News got around fast of the arrow. Everyone was shocked, none more than poor Annabeth Chase. While she still didn't know the whole story, she was saddened to learn that Percy had an eye on another. She slowly began to hate the Hunting goddess with everything she had. She could never truly hate Percy however, they had been through hell...literally. There were posters everywhere of her beloved saying they he was want dead or alive for 5.5 million drachmas. High price for a high hero (not in drugs of course). They even had the face of him look like he was deranged or insane, like he was dangerous. It was a cruel reminder of what she was missing, a cruel reminder of what she never had. Ares campers mocked her, making kissy faces about Percy and the goddess. Clarisse was there to shut them up when she could but never always there. Some comforted her, like the 7-....6.....the 6 comforted her always while others mocked and shamed her for dating a.....a monster, a creature to be slaughtered, a pest, parasite, beast, she'd heard it all. The bullied hero even thought that Nico was worse than her. Once the first poster went up, set by Ares, he just stared at it like he was in a trance. This happened for 30 minutes before he walked back to his cabin and locked the door. Wil Solace was there to feed him, not like he ate much anyway. Rumors went around that if you listened hard enough at the dead of night, you could hear the Ghost King's tears and cry's from his cabin. The camp had been silent for a while now, it was like that. Even though he had been taken away by the gods only 3 days ago, the camp was always silent. No activities, no pranks, no swirlies, and no sparring. Some were mournful, while others ready for a fight. The camp had been split in half.
The silence was cut when the all to familiar hunting horn had been sounded, letting the campers know to prepare for the entry of the goddess and her group of hunters. Chiron was the first to the hill while the campers followed close behind. From the top of Half-Blood Hill stood the goddess of the hunt and her crew. Said goddess was in her 12 year-old form looking as stoic as ever. Boys were making bets if they could get with a hunter this time. The goddess walked down the hill to greet the old centaur when she noticed the signs that sent the child Hades into hiding. The cringed and frowned at the face and price that was on those posters. They were everywhere to. On every cabin, activity, board, door, sign, tree, everywhere. It was clear the god of war wanted the boy found.
"Greetings Lady Artemis." Chiron bowed. "I am glad we once again hold this pleasure of seeing you at the camp again."
"Hello Chiron...Campers.....I am pleased to hear the praises but I believe you have something to say. Hm?" Chiron paled.
"A-ah yes, there is a matter I need to bring to you." The centaur stuttered. The campers all knew what he meant. "Right this way."
The director led the goddess to the Big House while she ushered her hunters to her cabin. When they reached the house, the wine god noticed her arrival and looked up from his magazine awaiting her reaction. "W-we found something while searching Perseus's living space that may....not be pleasant to you."
The goddess was going through all possibilities that he could end up saying but never quite thought up what he was going to say.
Chiron pulled out a large box with 3 padlocks already unlocked. He opened said box and the goddess found one of her arrows wrapped in velvet.
"The Hephaestus kids found damage to the center spine and after research from the Athena cabin, it is believe he had slept with it on multiple accessions.....as in he cuddled with it of course!" The centaur swiftly added.
Oh. My. Gods! Was all Artemis could think while keeping on an angered face. She grabbed the arrow and put it in her quiver.
"I shall see to it that he is found. This is now personal." She said with fake gritted teeth.
"O-of course milady."
Artemis then got up and left the Big House and went straight to her cabin. When she found that it was empty with the hunters being at the archery, the goddess finally release her restrained smile and did a small victory dance.
"Yes! Yes! Yes! He likes me to! He like me to!" She sang.
Us!
Ya! Us!
This continued for a couple more minutes before she left her cabin to regroup with her hunters. Before she could get there however, she noticed the transformed hero in the distance just barely visible in the woods. She saw him-
Them!
She saw them in the distance with a curious expression. Probably wanting to be in his usual form again. Artemis smiled a warm smile and continued to her hunters with a little pep in her step while a curtain daughter of Athena watched in utter hatred of her biggest enemy walked away, along with the heart of HER man. HER Percy.