•Chapter 32• Moments of Promise

Percy POV

All I had to do was ask.

Simple enough, right?

But I had to make this perfect. This was my one shot and if I screwed anything up, I might as well turn myself in to Zeus. I had the ring (mysteriously provided by the bird), and I had the guts to do it...I think.

The day started out like any other. We wake up early, hunt for breakfast, feed the wolves, practice archery, etc. While we ate, I wondered wether or not to ask right then and there. I was in my seat located to the right of Artemis with Thalia on my right. The group discussed matters for moving south and setting up camp in Georgia. Even with winter 9 or 10 months away (which I pointed out), the hunt still felt the need to move now.

With this situation not being the most romantic, I waited for my next opportunity. The next time I thought about it was during a sparring session with Artemis that I had won. With both of us sweaty and the hunt watching, I thought it would be a good moment (for some reason). However, Artemis immediately requested a rematch and then another after I won the next one somehow still breathing. With Artemis being all competitive, I thought the moment was not the greatest.
Especially if she's pissed at you. 
She wasn't THAT mad.
Dude, you beat her in front of everyone, even with her millennia of training and experience.
Fair.

At about lunch time, Zeus had called a meeting
of the entire Olympian council. Artemis was about to leave when I told her that I wanted to tag along.
"I want to be with you this time Arty."
"Percy, you know it's to risky!" She pleaded. "We can't risk anything!"

She had a point, if I was caught, I would be in the direct sights of every god that wanted me dead. God of Wrath or not, I would be screwed.
I got an idea.
What is it?
What if we did this like in the old days?
What do you mean?
Pocket life!
NO.
Come ooooon! It will work!
It's embarrassing!
And effective! Also, you said on Sunday that you'd start listening to me!
When did I say that?
Sunday idiot, after dinner when I told you not to eat the chicken wing and you almost choked to death.

As much as I hated it, I indeed almost got killed by a chicken wing. The dare from Thalia said that if I could eat a whole chicken wing in one bite, I would receive 20 drachma. When I tried to, I started choking on it. Artemis tried the Heimlich maneuver, but when nothing was working, Lily ordered Goofus to jump on me. When the fluffy bastard did, the chicken wing shot out my throat and into the waiting mouth of one of the wolves. Needless to say, I would never live it down.

Ok fine.
Yes!
Just this once!
Suuuurrre....

"What if you grew to your full height and I hid in your pocket?" Artemis then smiled when she remembered her own plan she used months back. The hunt was confused and asked what the smile was for.
"I'll tell you girls later, and Percy if I didn't love you so much, I'd sue you for copyright. Sure, we'll try. But after this, you have to pay me back!"
Oh shit. This is bad.
What do you mean?
Come on man! She's crazy sometimes! She could have us do anything!
It'll be fine!

"Fine." I said.
"Fine." She answered.

Artemis began to grow to her full height in the middle of the camp as I watched from the now low ground.
"Shit!" She cursed as she stepped on the wagon we used for moving. I inwardly celebrated as the torture device I've dealt with was destroyed.

It took a few more seconds before she was at her full height. Trees were now at her shoulders with us at her toes.
"Up you go Percy!" Thalia snickered as I was picked up like a dolled by my giant girlfriend. She held me to her face as she laughed at my now small stature.
"Hey! I'm pretty tall!" I hollered. She snickered at my remark.
"Not anymore." She giggled.