•Chapter 19• Day Two

Percy POV

Waking up was a blessing and a curse. The dream ended right when Artemis left on her solo hunt so I didn't have to do any questing, bad news and curse was that I had to wake up in the hunters camp where I'd probably die and then be sent to Tartarus by Zeus.

Anyways, I guess Artemis must've spared some mercy for me since I woke up at around 10:30. I could hear the hunters mingling about and doing what they do as I got up from the bed. I looked at Artemis's side, but she was gone.
Duh, she's the patron goddess! She's got shit to do and places to be!
Which monster bit you in the ass?
Ugh, sorry, I'm bad at mornings I guess.
I guess so.

"WAKE UP SLEEPY HEAD!" Lily sung as she barged into the tent with some pots and pans, smashing them together like bells. I may have heard some very loud things before in my life, but I had just woken up!
The nerve of some people! (He taunted)

"Alright! Alright! I'm up!" I smirked.
"Good cause you need to get out into those woods and catch you and me some brunch! Phoebe said that it would be best if you sharpened your skills in the wild if you were gonna be with us!" She ordered.
"Hey your just as new to this as I am!" I reminded her, which she pouted about and I ruffled her hair as I began walking out of the tent. She giggled and followed.

*************

Meanwhile...
3rd Person POV

2 huntresses were gathered together in secret behind a tent. While others talked and trained, they made a plan.
"We know the plan right?" Phoebe, and elder hunt asked.
"Kinda.." Atalanta, another elder hunter, replied sheepishly.
"Ugh! Ok. So, the pig walks out hunting to the bear trap grounds after we tell him to go that way and Lily stays with Thalia with archery. The male steps on a trap, he bleeds out, he's gone. Got it?" Phoebe explained in rapid-fire.
"Ok, got it." Atalanta breathed. "I'll tell the male where to hunt, then everything goes to plan."
"Fine, as long as he's told where to go than that's fine." Phoebe huffed.

*************

Percy POV

When I exited the tent with Lily, I could barley see with the sun flash-banging my eyes.
"If only you had woken up earlier maybe this wouldn't by so hard." Artemis approached us with a grin with another hunter in-tow.
"Sorry...I guess I was still tired from a couple days ago." I scratched the back of my head sheepishly which Artemis laughed at. The hunter that followed her however rolled her eyes and scoffed. "Percy, this is Atalanta, she will be mapping out your hunting grounds today. Lily, can you go to the range? Thalia will be helping with your archery today."

"Yes milady!" Lily cheerfully replied as she scurried off to a waiting Thalia.
"Atalanta, you may proceed."
"Thank you milady." Atalanta bowed. "Alright boy," she showed me a map she had been carrying. "These are the woods surrounding us. That red spot has been marked as your hunting grounds." She then pointed behind me and Artemis's tent. "Go about 100 feet that way and then begin hunting. Got it?!" She was rather steamed talking to me and I couldn't understand. I hadn't hit anyone in my outburst, and I just met her....
We're a dude.
Ohhhh, ya. Right.

*************

I had gotten maybe a football field away from the camp now and I couldn't even find a scrap of food.
Can you start getting good now? The squirrels are laughing at us...
How do you know that? Implore me.
You see, if you had amazing skills such as the ones I possess, you wouldn't suck total balls.
Out of everything in the universe, I got you.
Yep, it was probably for the best to.
How is my situation any better with you?
1. You have me (a blessing).
2. You can turn into a giant dog/bear thing which is pretty cool.
Some people would call it weird...like a fursona brought to life.
What's a "fursona"?
PLEASE don't ask.
Ok, whatever dumb-