Books, Stones, and Cooking Odes

Spells are made to be broken.

The library's entrance looks more exciting than before, now that I am standing right in front of it with energy in my hands. The doors are big and the wood dark and some corners expose the orange magic within it.

I put my hands against them, trying out the most basic spell I can think of. No, it will not work. A sound comes from another side of the halls; however, nobody appears to be walking in my direction. Brushing the sound off, I focus back on the doors. This time, I start drawing a shape with my finger, a green hue appearing where my touch just left.

Taking a few steps back, I prepare a blast of energy. This spell calls for one. A green glow moves through my arms' nerves until it gets to my hands, from which it comes out as a ball, hitting the doors and finishing the spell.

The doors abruptly open and I use my magic to stop them before they hit the wall and make an awful sound.

That was easy.

The library's lanterns are already turned on, and I finally get to see its complete splendour. A smirk makes its way to my face - I cannot wait to tell Father about this little adventure.

I immediately run to the bookshelf I remember Strange got the demon's book from, but it is not there anymore. He must have taken it to read basic things about me. But, that does not stop me - I look around the same bookshelf for other books that might be interesting to read. The titles are too vague; "creatures", "weapons", "teleportation"... All in different languages, latin the most common one. I take the teleportation book and save it for later.

Walking around, there appears to be more books than I thought before. On magic, dimensions, history, cultures, and more other topics that I will definitely sneak in to read about.

Something makes a sound behind me. I turn around, but again, cannot find anyone else in the library. Suddenly, something flies past me quickly.

—Who are you?! —I whisper, trying to not make a lot of noise and keep the wizards unaware of my presence.

It comes again - this time, slow enough for me to see it, and it starts flying around me obnoxiously. It looks like a cloak; in fact, it looks like the cloak Strange was wearing the first time we met. Even though it is a simple piece of clothing, it appears to be sentient. A magical cloak.

I frown, —What do you want? —it starts pushing me to the door, but I move away, —Did they order you to keep me away from the library? —it nods, or so it looks like. —Well, get away from me. —

The Cloak waits for a moment, then rapidly starts flying towards the door. It is trying to tell the wizards that I am here. With a second to reach, I stretch my arm towards it, stopping it on its tracks telekinetically. It struggles against my grip, —Don't be a jerk. I will set you free if you do not tell them I am here. —

After some seconds of fighting, it finally calms down, and looks at me letting me know that it will listen to me. I let it go. Defeated, the Cloak slowly floats back to my side. —Alright. Now, if you don't mind, I will continue investigating. I'm Star, by the way. —I put my hand out for the Cloak. It feels stupid, I will admit; waiting for a floating cloak to shake my hand? However, it does shake it, wrapping its fabric around my hand.

I start walking again, looking for something interesting. A green glow catches my eye;

At the end of the hall, held by a bronze stand, a necklace lays with a slight glow coming out of its core. The pendant looks like an eye - with lines similar to the ones on the Sanctum Sanctorum's windows. It's made of gold, and based on its colour, it must be old. It must be an important magical artefact. I try to grab it, but the Cloak slaps my hand. —Oh, leave me alone! —