Chapter 18 - All over a watch

We both stare at each other challengingly neither one of us putting the gun down. 

"Do you even know who I am?" She asks me

I roll my eyes; two can play at this game. "Do you even know who I am?" I copy.

"Clearly some stuck up princess girl in the wrong place at the wrong time wearing the watch I want." She glared at me.

I sort of felt relieved that she wasn't actually after me, realising she had only called me princess before because she thought I was stuck up. However she was not having my watch. "You would shoot someone over a watch?" I ask

She shrugged "it's not just any watch, it's an over ten grand watch." 

To be fair I could see her point, the watch probably did cost a bit, not that I cared about the money, more the message on the back. "Still not having it." I tell her. 

"Yes. I. Am." She told me through gritted teeth "who are you to tell me I won't when I will just blow your brains out." 

I fake smiled "Clara Chambers, sorry I didn't get your name?" 

She looked at me for a moment, probably sussing out if I'm telling the truth or not. After a couple of seconds she clearly decided I was, dropping her gun to her side. 

"Clara Chambers, ay? Been told to keep an eye out for you. Apparently you’re worth a bit of bob." 

Worth a bit of bob? I was worth money?

“Maybe you should come with me.” She told me.

“Or not.” I frowned at her, gun still raised.

She looked right at me with a face that showed no emotion yet her eyes focused on mine in a challenging way, her eyebrow raised. “Are you on your own?”

“No.” but I cursed myself for hesitating a little.

She smirked seeing I slipped up “You clearly are. Maybe we could help each other?”

“I don’t want your help.” I snapped at her.

“Well then you won’t mind me blowing your brains out for that watch.”

I lunged forward grabbing her hair, pulling her head to the gun and held it firmly in place by her temple. “Are you sure about that?”

She moved her gun under my chin “Are you sure about that?”

I glared down at her and pulled on her hair harder.

“You’re new to this aren’t you?” she questioned me

“No.” I didn’t hesitate that time; at least my lying skills are improving.

“Well I think you are, because if you weren’t you would have restrained me so I couldn’t do this.” She bought the fist up that wasn’t holding the gun to my cheek, I was too late before I could block it, I grunted and let go of her hair.

She moved quickly pushing me to the floor, I fell on my knees and she took my hair this time and held the gun to my temple. “So what shall we say? Help each other.”

I pondered the thought for a moment. Part of me wanted to say yes for some company but then my senses hit me and this girl is currently holding a gun to my head so that I partner up with her. “How would it help each other?” I ask