Chapter 11 - Rejection

Eeek, i know its been a while but Its here now!

Would like to say a huge thank you to Tifanny for making the cover on the side! Got sooooo happy when she told me she had made it for me, means a lot!!!

Enjoy!

Chapter 11 -  Rejection

"Are you positive?" Ben asked me smiling.

"I think so?" I said no wondering if I should think more about it. Ben had other ideas though to speed on the meeting.

"Great, I'll go get him." he jumped up off the seat and practically ran out the door. Why did Ben want me to meet him so bad? I sat up on the sofa and flattered my hair out trying to make me look more presentable. I suddenly felt really nervous, what was I going to say? I had wanted to meet my Dad forever and now I had the chance and it was going to happen now, I felt pretty overwhelmed right now!

The door swung back open and Ben stood there like a smiling idiot and motioned for him to come and then here I was once again, in the same room as my Dad. "I'll leave you two in peace." Ben held out his fist for my Dad to tap but he hadn't took his eyes from me, he was staring with the same expression, sadness, shocked and happiness all rolled into one and I would be lying if I said it wasn't creeping me out a little.

He just stood there looking at me, I looked at my feet feeling uncomfortable with his gaze. Then I heard footsteps come closer and I felt him sit down on the sofa. The awkward silence was killing me but I had no words to break it so I glanced up and gave him a small smile before averting my stare somewhere else, I started playing with my watch. 

"Do you like that?" his voice startled me but in it I heard some familiarity. 

I nodded, stroking the watch. "I got it for my birthday." I whispered still not being able to find  my Voice properly.

He chuckled, I looked up at him giving him a 'what the hell' face, why was he laughing at that? "I got that for you." he answered my silent question.

"Oh." I said now a little awkward, I thought Devlin has got me the watch for my birthday...

"Here, take it off." he held his hand out to me, I immediately unclasped the watch and handed it to him. He looked at the underside of the watch and smiled softly. 

I Crawled across the sofa to look over his shoulder, the carving that I hadn't seen on the bottom read 'Always my princess - Dad' I felt my eyes steam up, I hadn't noticed that when I had opened it and put it on. I looked at my Dad and gave him a small smile as a tear ran down my cheek.

"Hey, don't cry princess!" he leaned in and wiped my tears looking at me so softly and loving, this just made me start crying even more! 

"I'm sorry!" I hiccupped between my sobs.

He put his arms round me and pulled me into a tight hug, he nuzzled his head into mine and he chuckled "There is nothing to be sorry about." he breathed out and squeezed me some more "I missed you so much." he whispered into my hair. 

I nodded my head trying to find my words but as per none come out. 

"Im the one who should be sorry." I could hear the pain in his voice. 

I shook my head fiercely, whatever reason he had for not being there for when I grew up was irrelevant at this moment. He was here now and I could tell he wished he had seen me, I felt guilty for having bitter thoughts of him in the past few days. I tried to steady my breathing so I could calm my years and I say back to look at him. "It doesn't matter." 

He took my face in his hand turning my head side to side "You have grown up well." he complimented "Obviously got your looks from your old man." he joked.