Chapter 19 - Following

"So how do you expect to find them here? Croydon is a rather large place." Rosie asks me.

"Well I haven't got that far ahead yet." I tell her, looking down the dark street, it wasn't the best area in the world here but Rosie had told me she knew a few people who would let them crash at their place for a night.

We decided to stop off in a pub to get some food; surprisingly we quickly found a table in the crowed pub. We scanned the menus and Rosie went up to order the food at the bar.

I sat quietly surveying the pub, until someone caught my eye. I remembered him from the meeting; he was the one who told me I couldn't sit in the chair. My eyes widen, what was he doing here?! I was about to get up and go ask him but I remembered, look and listen. So I sat back down angling my body so he wouldn't be able to see it was me, but I still had a clear view.

He was sat on his own but he kept glancing up at the door as if he expected someone to be coming in any time soon. "Food will be in about 20 minutes; apparently they have a few orders." Rosie frowned.

I quickly turned my gaze to her and nodded "That's fine."

Rosie made conversation as I kept stealing glances at the man; finally another three men joined him, none that I recognized.

"Who have you been staring at for the past ten minutes?" Rosie followed my gaze and her eyes widened like mine had "That's George Lock! What an earth is he doing here, Hey-"

"Shut up!" I quickly reached over the table and pushed her down. "We don't want him to see me."

She glared at me "Don't push me; I was only going to ask him what his doing here."

"Well we don't need to ask him to find that out." I snap back at her and glance to where George had been, thankfully he was still there.

"Sorry for the delay, which of youse had the burger?" a waitress asked us as she held the two plates

"Me!" Rosie told her, the waitress put the plate down in front of her and Rosie started to inhale the food.

"And you're the chilli?" She didn't wait for answer before putting the plate of chilli con carni down in front of me.

"Thank you." I called after her as she quickly walked off.

I took my first bite of the food and it was delicious, I nearly ate as fast as Rosie realising I hadn't eaten since this morning. My plate was nearly empty when I remembered I needed to keep an eye on George.

He shook hands with the men before heading for the door. "Rosie! Quick!" I quickly got up, throwing money down on the table and grabbing my bag before following after him through the bar, not checking if Rosie was coming or not. Outside it was cold; I saw his figure walking hastily down a round. I started to half walk half run after him trying to be as silent as I could. I stood at a bus stop whilst he went into a shop, "Nearly lost you." Rosie told me, holing her half eaten burger.

"His in there." I nod to the small corner shop.

"So what we just follow him like weird little stalkers?" She asks me taking a bite of the burger.

I nod "Have you got anything better at the moment?"

"Alright, no need for the attitude." She bit back.

I didn't bother replying but kept staring at the door of the shop, there must be a reason George was here, why was he not with the rest of the crew in London, he must have some sort of information that I was going to make sure I got it.