Chapter 10 - Not so happy families

Woot, i finally uploaded :) Hope you all enjoy!

Libby stop reading now.

Chapter 10 – Not so happy families

"Slow down!" I called out to Ben as he stormed ahead, again.

"Keep up!" he looked at me over his shoulder but didn't slow his pace. "We are going to miss the tube!" he told me and descended the escalator.

"If you packed proper shoes." I mumbled as my foot hit the moving steps. I looked down and saw Ben was already halfway down, who the hell walks on an escalator!? He skipped down it one at a time, there was no way I was doing that! Escalators are here for you to just stand back and enjoy an easy way up or down the long stairs.

"Clara!" he hollered up once he got to the bottom. "If you don't hurry up I'm going to tell everyone about those lacy underwater you have on under that short red dress!" he shouted his eyes glistening with laughter.

Instead of retorting, I held my head up and looked away from him pretending that I didn't know him.

"Excuse me love, I think your boyfriend wants you." some man from behind nodded to Ben.

"I don't know him." I told the man feeling my face go bright red.

"Well you’re the only one in a short red dress." he told me in a bored voice.

"Uh..." I had no comeback to that so instead I moved from the side and stampeded down the last steps. "I hate you!" I pushed past Ben with a scowl on my face. Ben chuckled from behind me as we made our way to the tube platform.

I don't really like the feel of the underground. Just knowing you can only exit it one way just makes me feel nervous. The fact that anything above ground could happen in the ten minutes you’re down here without you knowing. I subconsciously moved myself closer to Ben as I shivered.

"Your cold?" he looked at me like I was a freak -which was nothing new- but then wrapped his arm round my shoulders and rubbed the top of my arm.

I just nodded in reply, looking around so many people were down here in this one tiny space. If anything happened there would be no way to get out and you would end up-

"Clara!" I felt my body being shaken.

"You’re not meant to touch them when they have a panic attack"

"Do I look like I give two shits? I need to make sure she's okay. Clara? Can you hear me?" I looked in the direction of the voice and I meet Ben's dark blue eyes.

"Yes?" I mumbled out my head still whirling.

"We are going to get on the tube and I'll sit you down okay?" He held my face in his hands.

I nodded and stepped wobbly onto the tube, people seemed to move out my way or maybe Ben was just shoving them? He gave a glare at a man who sat on one chair and had his bag on another, the man instantly moved his bag apologising. I was sat down and Ben crouched in front of me.